MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Sundays at Squires

Sundays at Squires (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Sundays at Squires (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Sundays at Squires

not sure how much it costs but think its about 1.50 a week, if someone cannot afford that then how can thy afford to get to an event

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/10/2011 15:12  

lol not everyone attends an event every week Bill & if its a toss up between paying to post you will be at the event ... or paying for the fuel to go to an event ... I know which I would do ... sorry Matt

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/10/2011 15:43  

And you think that standard members reading posts like that will encourage them to pay for membership Bill?? Nov 5th I won't be renewing.....

Update Reply
old red @ 30/10/2011 21:59  

well for me to attend a rally it costs over 50 pound, for a camping weekend its often over 50 pound, a one day meet is at least 25 pound and often much more but the price of membership is little more than the price of a cup tea or a litre of petrol per week so i dont think you can say that paying the membership will stop them from attending

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/10/2011 22:14  

Hey Pots why don't you just submit it to the Sandi to ask for it to be included on the events page?!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 30/10/2011 22:17  

I give up..

Update Reply
old red @ 30/10/2011 22:20  

lol at Dave .

Oooooh you giver upper!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 30/10/2011 22:20  

I can see both sides of this debate, re: weekly events on the calendar... ...and now I'm confused lol before I read it I was all for NOT adding weekly events to the calendar, simply because the calendar isn't just a calendar, it's also a photo album. My thoughts were that 'people don't usually take photos at a weekly event so why bother putting the event on the calendar?' Since reading others posts in here I can see that having a weekly event listed is a good thing for those who want to see what's going on in their area. If it's not listed then they may not know that other members are going. I know there is the event forum for that but as others have said it gets bogged down with banter and difficult to find the details. Altho many folk, myself included, have complained about the banter in events threads it still goes on. I am biased in not getting rid of the event calendar, cos it's my 'job' and keeps me off the streets lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/10/2011 08:08  

Why cant we just have a list of weekly events and places on a seperate button which we can just click onto and check whats around us or a wee bit further a field. If somebody is def making an effort to go then they can post it on thread.

The events pages are becoming quite clogged up.

With regard to standard versus full members i agree that folk have genuine reasons that they dont subscribe, but if thats the case you know what limitations the site holds so you work round it. I know quite a few standard members who manage it brilliantly. Yes this could be a hurdle for a newbie but with the amount of welcome messages that i know believe new folk get they always have a way of contacting somebody :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/10/2011 09:43  

The events pages are becoming quite clogged up. Jackie do you mean the events calendar or the forum? If you mean the calendar then that's what we want, loads of events to give people a choice. I am obviously biased but I think the BM calendar has more events on it than any other bike-related website calendar, with lots more info on most of them, I often source info for some events that others have submitted. (email my medal to whogivesachuff.com) lol With regard to standard versus full members i agree that folk have genuine reasons that they dont subscribe, but if thats the case you know what limitations the site holds so you work round it. I know quite a few standard members who manage it brilliantly. Yes this could be a hurdle for a newbie but with the amount of welcome messages that i know believe new folk get they always have a way of contacting somebody :) I imagine that's not good news to Matt, the site is 5 yrs old and still non-profit making, no matter how much we love the site it is a business after all and as such should be making a profit. Matt has spent thousands of his own money just to keep BM on line. We keep asking Matt for more things from the site but would we be prepared to pay more should he request it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/12/2011 08:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email