MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Sundays at Squires

Sundays at Squires - Forums [Biker Match] Sundays at Squires - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Sundays at Squires

Disappointed not to see Squires on the Sunday events calendar even though Rivvi is? Could someone please add it as I have met loads of BMers there every Sunday I have been and know its a regular BM visiting point

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 27/10/2011 08:14  

Truble with Squires is it's a biker cafe and every day so you cant list it as a sunday event

Update Reply
JP @ 27/10/2011 08:31  

Noodles..Squires is best when one of us gives a heads up for a particular day/time. There's usually a few about who are happy to meet but tend not to venture alone !! You thinking of a permanent northern camp-site ???

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 27/10/2011 14:02  

Alice is right, Squires is so good that we dont have to advertise it, we just say what time we will be there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 27/10/2011 22:59  

But its not right that I cant have it as an event attended but if I went to Rivvi I could Not that I want karma - but do want it on my profile if I go on a Sunday Shows a level of activity on my profile ..............................................blown by the wind and trampled in dust

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 27/10/2011 23:05  

Or take Rivi etc off the Events calendar? P'haps all meets which occur every week should be excluded? Your opinion?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2011 23:26  

Very very good point noodles, plenty of pub meets listed, which can also be classed as meeting places 7 days a week, if it's a regular meeting place for B.Mers on a Sunday it should be listed

Update Reply
old red @ 27/10/2011 23:32  

Bloody Hell....lets just go somewhere and meet our mates...bugger anything else.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 27/10/2011 23:35  

It is in some way. in my humble opinion at least, a good thing to advertise regular meets in different areas on the events calender, don't we usually direct newbies to *check out the EVENTS PAGE for meets in your area?? From these meets newbs get to find out more about the site and other stuff they may otherwise miss, only prob for them may be recognising other members so adding yourself on the events page at least gives them a face to look for(noodles would be an easy one to pick out at Squires) rather than the ad hoc I'll be there by one person

Update Reply
old red @ 27/10/2011 23:46  

when someone puts it in the forum it has there picture with it so thats not a problem and they usually go but with the calender people may put it on quite some time befor than due to circumstance dont attend and dont always take there name of so thats not real helpfull

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/10/2011 00:18  

The same applies to all meets Bill-people not removing their names-& as I've done in the past not always added to a forum, just turned up. I don't honestly see what the problem is adding it to the events page if it's a pretty regular goer!! Isn't it about helping people 'connect'

Update Reply
old red @ 28/10/2011 00:26  

we had this discussion a week or two ago and most people were in favor of the forum list over the calendar lists as they work better

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/10/2011 00:36  

So why the fck do we bother with an events calender??? Anyone told Matt we don't need one??...Karma points for saving on server space

Update Reply
old red @ 28/10/2011 00:40  

helps when your planing if you can see which events overlap on the calender

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/10/2011 02:00  

Well I would love to see all pub meets removed from the callendar unless there is a thread with it as with brum night out or manchester night out. just clutters it up but as boss mom told me for new folk on the site it can give them some ideas where to go. but again as most are not used there is no point in pub listings

Update Reply
JP @ 28/10/2011 08:45  

I think we should have both ! As has been said countless times before ...... If folks are just standard members they cannot post on forums but can put picture up on events calender ! We were over a few weeks ago and had a lovely suprise when we spotted someone that we didn't know would be there as their membership is just standard ! So glad my eyes were working THAT day .....HB x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 28/10/2011 08:46  

Yes but when there are endless pub/cafe listings that folk dont attend why are thay on the callendar ?

Update Reply
JP @ 29/10/2011 12:45  

I agree with you jp,,,take all the crap of the events page...then you can identify the real events on calendar and not have to look through all the rubbish, squires,,,rivvi,,where will it end,,,how about ace,,,or washington wetlands where i live and thousands of other cafes/pubs..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2011 13:39  

your right there is to much crap in the calenders, they should only be for real events being organizer by a BMer or attended by a group of BMers not for regular venues were you can't be sure who might be there, what good are they to new members if they go expecting to meet a group of BMer and none are there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/10/2011 15:16  

spot on bill

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2011 15:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email