MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Social bikers v's more keen bikers

Social bikers v's more keen bikers (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Social bikers v's more keen bikers (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Social bikers v's more keen bikers

Motorways are very safe places if you read the road and understand the needs of other road users

Update Reply
JP @ 25/10/2011 10:32  

What's your view ? You only think there are 3 categories? Mm, that's me in the 'minority' again then cos I don't fit any of your 1 2 and 3. I see others have made comments that I agree with, including those who say 'what does it matter?'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2011 11:40  

Many more than 3 categories and no one category is better than another. Personally,now I am in my late fifties (ouch!) I do not set out and ride in bad weather, but if accidentally caught out in it I don't stress or particularly mind. If I need to travel a long way I go by M/way but have to fight the boredom. In The UK I prefer fast country roads with few speed traps! For the best touring I get the Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander and bike around Spain/Portugal for less traffic and better biking roads and of course the milder weather!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 25/10/2011 14:08  

I think there are a lot more than 3 ... for me I like to ride as much as I can and have done lots of miles touring, however I use the car for work ... cannot ride a bike in skirt & heels (Down XK!!)

Like others on here I dont set out to ride in bad weather but if it hits I dont mind it (I guess that's from doing my test over winter lol) but snow & ice are a no no for me

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/10/2011 15:52  

Just put your work skirt and heels in a rucksack shell....I do!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/10/2011 17:44  

No place safe to leave the bike at the moment & riding is a no no till my foot & tendon are completely healed ... but I may do that once sorted

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/10/2011 17:48  

Wishful thinking Shell - aint nothing that'll keep XK down - good slap round the head might help tho

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 25/10/2011 18:30  

Oooh - promises, promises

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2011 18:33  

As a harley rider, ahem, I Like the ride to the coast I don't mind motorways, especially when going to cornwall from the Mids it's the fastest way, and as for the speed thing I can't see the point anymore been there done that. My roadking is comfortable and I can ride all day on it if I wanted too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2011 18:33  

Used to do the snow and ice [fresh 6in snow was brilliant] but I don't bounce so well anymore.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 25/10/2011 20:17  

Ride every day and all year, tour, scratch, blast and toddle. Not done rallies for a while but have done and you will only find me on a motorway to get somewhere far away if I have too

rest of the time I'm on the best roads in the Uk.....the Highlands

Update Reply
madscots @ 25/10/2011 23:03  

I ride to work , then I ride for work , then I ride home from work , then if I go out ,well I ride, all of my holidays are riding ones just done 4500 miles to the Sahara and back , some motorways but not much , Im off to the elephant rally in January for a winter break lol

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/elephant060300nz.jpg[/IMG]

this was a day out last year lol

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/IMAG0191.jpg[/IMG]

Slightly warmer climes

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Trix1968/DSCF7150.jpg[/IMG]

Now if you think this is just a phase , well I started at the age of three and have never not had a motorbike , that is forty years now . So you can call me hardcore or whatever , it matters not to me what or how much you ride but the fact that you spread the word on this marvelous form of transport/fun.

If there was another category then maybe it could be obsessed lol and I thought I was single because I am short an ugly , ummm think i have just made a discovery lol

Ride safe and well all.....

ps it appears you cant upload pics help anyone ???

Update Reply
Trix @ 28/10/2011 21:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email