MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Social bikers v's more keen bikers

Social bikers v's more keen bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Social bikers v's more keen bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Social bikers v's more keen bikers

Hi,

In the motorcycle world I've picked up that there are three types
of bikers..

1. The bikers that are very hardcore and ride motorways and do lots of motorcycle touring.
2. Bikers that only pull their motorbikes out of their garages a couple of times a month for an easy paced slower ride to the beach via a roads.
3. The ones that like the speed and only want to ride fast at any available opportunity.

What's your view ?

Update Reply
KarenTwickenham @ 24/10/2011 10:24  

4. Harley riders, often associated with 2.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 10:33  

Wow! I'm hardcore!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/10/2011 11:57  

I'm a budget biker (not had a bike for 10 years due to finances though next year will be back) but like to have an ickle leisurely ride tootling along and also love the pilly ride (thanks to the guys kind enough to put up with me!) for the speed and corners etc

Update Reply
chickflick75 @ 24/10/2011 12:21  

No licence yet but I'll be a mix of 1 and 3. I can see using it for work and everything unless the weather is too harsh. Become an irregular car driver basically. While my instructor has already noted that the speeds and twistys are my home.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 13:10  

Think there are def more types than just 3, what about the ones that spend the goo dweather months rallying as well as doing pootling about and day trips here there and everywhere.

Pretty sure somebody else will add more versions lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/10/2011 13:52  

Got to agree with BJ. You could make loads of catergories but, what does it matter?. I have a friend who only has a bike as transport, does a very high mileage each year. I sometimes use my bike for work, go on rideouts with others, do toy runs, do rallies etc etc. Each to thier own. I see myself as a motorcyclist anyway. Dont see the need to make distinctions.

If you have a bike and its all legal, you're free to ride it or not, without needing approval from anyone else

Update Reply
clarkee @ 24/10/2011 14:37  

how about ... 1a... will do motorways to get to events that are a fair distance way just to eat miles, but goes out scratchin for fun when at rallies or at home.... but goes out all day ..lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 14:39  

Think i'm 1a and a bit

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/10/2011 16:31  

Doesnt really matter to me what type of biker a person is , at the end of the day a bike beats a car. If its absolutley tipping it down with gale force winds or if its snowing, then i will go in the car. My bike is for pleasure and the hell of it the car for pure convenience.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 18:09  

My bike is for pleasure and the hell of it the car for pure convenience There might be a conflict of interest, if you fancy a spot of nookie on the back seat

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 19:29  

I think you cant categorise people like that really - there are a whole host of people who ride for a wide variety of reasons, most not listed above.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 24/10/2011 19:38  

ride every day its my only form of transport had a few cars but they bore me

Update Reply
xv1700 @ 24/10/2011 19:52  

different strokes for different folks use my bike whenever i can prefer not to use motorways unless they're necessary but avoid going out on the bike if its tipping down as she's a bugger to clean and lives outside so no nice warm garage to clean her in!! sometimes HAVE to use the car for workeven on nice days due to any work related usage where i need to carry my client group
so there is more than just 3 categories not that it makes a blind bit of difference to me............ if you ride/pilly its all good in my book

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 24/10/2011 20:59  

i think motorways are avoided whenever possible by die hards if an alternative available!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 21:02  

the Bikes my only transport:

Ride everyday to work, motorways & dual carriageways,

Head to the hills whenever I can, I prefer to munch miles on motorways to get somewhere, and then ride the back roads once I'm there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 22:09  

As above, by choice.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 25/10/2011 00:14  

bike my only transport used every day until ice and snow appears

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 25/10/2011 05:27  

never learnt to drive a car so I ride the Harley all year round, though I use a push bike to get work on coz its only 2 miles away

Update Reply
centurion @ 25/10/2011 09:29  

I avoid UK motorways whenever possible !!

Not the perfect candidate for a long UK touring holiday (: Far too many cars on road to feel even remotely safe !

Update Reply
KarenTwickenham @ 25/10/2011 09:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email