MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

zzrpilot

zzrpilot (2) - Forums [Biker Match] zzrpilot (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

zzrpilot

Brings water to your eyes.
Pob's one of the decent guys (aren't we all?) and he's got a droll sense of humour that'll need to go into overdrive to get him through the next few weeks.
He's usually down in Reading but has ventured to the Midlands on a few occasions to link up with some of the BM crew.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/08/2011 22:51  

Never met you Pob, but all the very best for a speedy recovery

Update Reply
podnil @ 15/08/2011 23:13  

You're right Will's, Pob's a lovely guy, always got a grin on his face and laughing... he was only staying over at mine for several nights a few months ago, having laughs and banter that only we got - we had a fab time exploring my part of the country on Pinky his beloved Zed, which was written off last week... I'm just relieved my friend's alright, a lot broken, but he will mend thank goodness xxx

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 15/08/2011 23:18  

All the very best to Pob! Hope you make a speedy recovery and get back home soon. Gentle hugs to you hun Wills, thanks for letting us know and Tracey thanks for the updates, hugs to you too hun All the best xxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/08/2011 16:43  

Todays latest update... Pob has had some of the staples in his arms removed and has signed some insurance forms so maybe he is one step closer to coming home to England !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 22/08/2011 18:39  

get well soon buddy !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/08/2011 23:51  

i dont know you personnely pob but get well soon my love and thoughts are with you im sure i speak for us all on bm we feel pain your honey here's to a speedy and full recovery
caitlin x

Update Reply
caitlien @ 24/08/2011 10:32  

Great news, Pob's back in the UK Going to be in hospital a long while, but it makes it easier for his loved ones to visit him

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/08/2011 20:26  

That's good news bound to make better progress with friends around

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 25/08/2011 20:32  

I've taken the liberty of copying from his Facebook wall:

Thankyou all so much for the wishes, cards, visits, advice, prezzies truly appreciated. Fighting hard to recover but realise a long way to go, but at least the cocktail of drugs i'm on is keeping the pain levels down, boosting gsk profits and making things bearable - able to keep morphine as a back up now if things get too bad. Recovery so far nothing short of miraculous I thibk

Gory bit - injury scores on doors: compound fractures to both left forarm main bones, smashed right elbow, crushed finger, displaced pelvis, fractured vertabrae, double pelvis fracture, bettered right leg, eg, totally numb occasionL twitch bun unuseable (some improvement here the last few days tho) plus obvious bruises and scars.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/09/2011 11:35  

Aww sorry to hear that hope he has a very speed recovery and back on bike asap

sal x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2011 11:38  

Wills, thanks for the copy of the FB comment. Great news, Pob's back in the UK Going to be in hospital a long while, but it makes it easier for his loved ones to visit him That is great news , ta for posting it Nutkin. Pilot, keep your chin up, you'll get there in the end.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/09/2011 11:46  

Thanks for posting update Wills, I'm visiting Pob tomorrow so will pass on all your good wishes from here x

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/09/2011 14:34  

Just got back from visiting Pob and I have to say he is doing marvelously well, scars healing, and Pob is a happy chappy as always... The Physio are worried about his shattered elbow, the French did an amazing job putting it back together but his movement is restricted with movement so a pin thats helping hold it together may have to be removed at a later date to enhance movement. Happy to report his left leg is moving well as is his left arm, tho his right leg still has no feeling, as does his pelvis. He is making an amazing recovery considering its only a month since the accident, and it will be the physio that is going to take the time

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 04/09/2011 16:53  

glad your back i n uk
and still smiling
gentel hugs and get well soon x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 04/09/2011 17:48  

Glad he's on the mend and healing well

Update Reply
madscots @ 04/09/2011 21:06  

Wills/Nuts, if you feel it appropriate next time you visit, please feel free to let the gent know that his injuries don't sound that different to those I suffered in my big accident.

Certainly I was left with a broken back, a fractured pelvis and a pretty mangled left leg however .... it takes time, but he will get better. He may not truly believe this at the moment, but he will.

I've moved on from my injuries and have gone on to happily riding a bike again, not to mention such things as cycling to work everyday for a while without issues (indeed I did a couple of very long charity rides), getting pretty high up in a couple of karate/mixed martial art styles etc.

And he'll be fine as well.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 05/09/2011 13:29  

Thanks for that Geoff... he's really positive about it all and in the right frame of mind, it's good to hear your accident hasn't affected your abilities - kyaking here we come !!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 07/09/2011 23:29  

never had the pleasure of chatting to him on here, but I wish him a speedy recovery.

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 08/09/2011 22:12  

Hope he gets better soon! Here's hoping the physioterrorists work their magic :-)

Good luck with the recovery and keep smiling-can only get better from now on :-) huge (very gentle) hugs xx cat

Update Reply
mizzi @ 08/09/2011 22:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email