MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

zzrpilot

zzrpilot (3) - Forums [Biker Match] zzrpilot (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

zzrpilot

Here is an update on Pob.... He is still bedbound but amazingly he is getting there.... the middle of October they are going to see if he can sit up, attempt to stand again and maybe see if he can take a step. His right leg and foot are still not working so this will be a massive achievement if he can, I think its more to give rehab an idea of what is happening now. Scan and xray results are due to see if everythings going the right way, I will let you know when I find out

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 26/09/2011 18:36  

Personal message I've been asked to post from Pob... Paypal are being a pain atm so can't seem to get back on to post myself. Thanks Geoff and everyone else for their wishes and encouragement. As I whitewater kayaked downhill and xc mountain biked and scuba dived before, it's my aim to return to these. Depending on how I recover there are lots of different types of triathlon that I could enter where I can avoid stress on the worst parts of my body, so thats an aim. Jury is out on if I will bike again though, I will wait until I am fit.

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 27/09/2011 16:32  

Sounds like he is well on his way to recovery and has the frame of mind to acheive it too!!! Hats off to the fella for what he has acheived already and I reckon he will be sporting again soon! Good luck for the rest of your recovery, Pob.

Update Reply
RobL @ 28/09/2011 13:35  

update from Pob.... Today, for the first time since my accident on Aug 8th I was able to get out of my hospital bed and stand. Took three physios to get me up and keep me there for the few seconds I could do, but it was wonderful wobblier than a wobbly thing but meh. Managed it twice too. :-) chuffed to bits for him

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 04/10/2011 19:33  

Gredat news Nutkin. Many thanks for keeping us updated

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/10/2011 19:41  

Hope ZZrpilot makes a speedy recovery, best wishes!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 20:46  

You can't keep a good Pob down

Update Reply
old red @ 04/10/2011 22:26  

sorry to hear this , hope you recover soon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2011 22:32  

Great news pob here's to that long road to recovery being done in the fast lane, it seems that you are determined to do things before your 'deadlines' wasn't standing planned for mid Oct?

Keep up the hard work and big hugs xxx Shell n Ian

And to Nutkin thanks for the updates hon x

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 05/10/2011 05:34  

glad it's going well. I've upgraded his account so he can reply here himself. Can you say which hospital he's at and if he wants other visitors? Might pop my head in while I'm over there next week if near to the Autumn Camping weekend

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2011 21:13  

awww cheers for that Matt, I will text now and let Pob know I'm sure he'd love even more visitors - Pob's at the Royal Berkshire in Reading, on the Kennet Ward - oh and leave a trail of something as you go in, or like me, you will never find your way out again !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 05/10/2011 22:22  

ah that's a bit far for a day visit from Skegness next week. I saw you're in Hull so assumed it was close to you.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/10/2011 22:40  

No I'm about 5 hours away... anyway more news from the Pob himself quotes : And the comeback continues, stood assisted for first time on Tues, wednesday was an assisted stand and then standing still for 3 minutes, today was 2 stands and standing still for 6 and 10 minutes, using walkframe with forearm braces, and one of the stands was unassisted by physios, all me (ok a bit of frame help) but all me. Unbelievable if knackering progress. Now comes the hard work and frustration :) Pob Pobley, you're a posted a pic of the man himself below holding his holiday snaps, maybe one of the mods may like to reduce it slightly ?

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/10/2011 15:41  

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/10/2011 15:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email