MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

La Rosa Campsite

La Rosa Campsite - Forums [Biker Match] La Rosa Campsite - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

La Rosa Campsite

We are thinking of heading up Whitby way for a weekend soon, and were looking at staying at La Rosa. Has anybody been here who could tell us what its like? Trip advisor gives the usual thumbs up, but Id value opinions from you good folk on here! Also, what are the roads like round that neck of the woods, and what is there to do in and around Whitby? http://larosa.co.uk/about.html

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2011 09:58  

Can't comment on the campsite but it's a nice area with great moors roads,whitby is nice,recommend the magpie cafe for fish and chips and the gothic icecream is good (blackcurrant and licqourice flavour!)

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 05/08/2011 10:24  

Whitby is a fab area. I can't go there without doing a bit of fossil hunting on the beach The trick is to crack the pebbles apart, you're sure to find one. It'll bring out the big kid in you.

The Magpie is a must. About £10 for fish and chips but well worth it. Mmm

And if you fancy venturing up the coast a bit Sandsend, Staithes and Runswick Bay are all lovely little villages.

Hope you have a good time.

Update Reply
lisaj @ 05/08/2011 12:21  

Sunday lunch in the dining car on the North Yorks railway....mmmm

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/08/2011 01:05  

whitby's a great place. why not go for a ride through the villages on the river esk. ruswarp and sleights where you can get a rowing boat on the river. grosmont, go on the steam trains. egton bridge, glaisdale, lealholm stepping stones across the river. then castleton commondale kildale to great ayton. thats a nice place by the river. maybe climb up roseberry topping. then go back to whitby on the coast rd thro saltburn staithes sandsend. i used to live in the north east and that was my favourite ride. and dont forget robin hoods bay. thats a must for me. spent a summer there a long time ago camping on the cliffs and drinking the home made wine. going to the bay hotel on the night.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2011 01:22  

Don't forget your oxygen cylinder for the walk back up from Robin Hoods Bay

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/08/2011 01:29  

you was'nt one of them that used to go camping on the cliffs were you minnie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2011 01:36  

Camped on many cliffs busafella but never at Whitby or along the Yorkshire coast....still have to experience that delight lol Hey if you're interested in fossils there are some amazing ones at Staithes. There's a wave cut platform at the base of the cliffs to the right of the village as you look out to sea. It's only exposed at very very low tides. All sorts of sea anenome type things and great big shells that look like the shell oil icon....fabby poking around there

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/08/2011 14:40  

Cheers Guys, planning that one now. The Magpie sounds like it can't be missed! Too many plans, not enough weekends seems to be our problem though. Looking at mid September if anyone wants to join us? . . . . .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2011 20:30  

see what you can do then post it up as an event mate

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 07/08/2011 22:06  

Sounds a possibility, Slidy :>> Post again when you are definite. You will have a great time...East coast is wonderful. Whitby just made for moochin': quaint back streets, crazy Goth shops etc. I love the museum..... narwhal (??!!) tusks and all sorts of local stuff. Enjoy :>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 07/08/2011 22:09  

Is there still a Dracula museum in Whitby....complete with a coffin with creaky lid & a clockwork dracula sitting up???

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 07/08/2011 23:28  

Naaaa...that's just Bikeabill forgettin' to put his tent up again

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 07/08/2011 23:47  

Would love to but going to southern France and returning via the circuit des remparts at angouleme,enjoy the north York moors roads! Deffo don't miss the magpie,worth the queue!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 07/08/2011 23:49  

hey Alice i'll have you know i got it up last weekend

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/08/2011 11:43  

I'll second that

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 08/08/2011 11:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email