MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

British 24 hours go kart bank holiday weekend

British 24 hours go kart bank holiday weekend - Forums [Biker Match] British 24 hours go kart bank holiday weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

British 24 hours go kart bank holiday weekend

Just a little heads up if anyone over in the Teesside area at the end of the month. Staged at Teesside Autodrome (Middlesborough) from the Friday (team weigh in / registration) through to Sunday afternoon. Practice / Qualify starts Saturday morning around 10am. Then the 24 hours starts around midday/1pm. Entry for spectators is usually free, but as the event is run in conjunction with Help for heroes, most adults are asked to buy a wrist band for a fiver. Last year there was nearly 80 teams taking part and Teesside claims that the autodrome is the longest kart circuit in the world With the twin engine zip karts - a good lap is around 1m 20. Anyhoo - I will be racing in the Clubcento team in a circuit Hire Kart, although we will be racing against the Pro and Clubman classes too. So if you are in the area and at a bit of a loose end that weekend then drop by as its a great laugh. (Hey maybe BM could get a team togther for next year ? ? ? ) 80 karts tearing around under floodlights all through the night is quite an experience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY8JHMzYarA << last years racing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2011 02:18  

Sounds like a good event, tcat good luck with your races

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/08/2011 11:44  

I nominate Beepa for BM go-cart team captain

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 04/08/2011 12:27  

thanks Sandi - always have a good laugh on this event. we ran two teams for the last two events (actually the womens team kicked our backsides when they entered in 2009)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2011 12:53  

Just a little bump up on this one as we have finalised the team members after one dropped out so now with a team of 5 1/2 (The half being a very fast lady who cannot do a full 24 hours due to driving commitments she wouldnt be able to recover for in time - but she is going to do two sessions) Drop in and say Hi though if you are around the area, there is a decent cafe at the venue (which is open all through the race anyway) I'll be easy to recognise as I will be the only racer in red and black Triumph biker gear in the go kart. oo getting excited now as its only a few weeks away

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2011 03:58  

what's the dates , might get to this if am not working , only 40mins from me

Update Reply
fastjock @ 12/08/2011 05:31  

Race is from 1pm Saturday 27th August - Sunday 28th

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2011 14:20  

Alan remember to put your name down, on the calendar, lol, oh yes and lots of photos for the calendar, please? Anyone else goin to this event? here's a link to the calendar so you can put your name down. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1804

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/08/2011 10:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email