MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

When did you tell your parents you'd got a bike?

When did you tell your parents you'd got a bike? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] When did you tell your parents you'd got a bike? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

When did you tell your parents you'd got a bike?

Well if all goes well tomorrow ill have my very 1st bike ever and the elders aint getting told...... it be Ms Stigs on 2wheels as cant do with the nagging,I know they care etc but just aint worth it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 20:19  

At 17 i said to my dad i want a bike, he said you gotta be kidding if you ride a motorbike the way you ride a pedal bike you'll be dead in 2 weeks..... absolutely not !!! this as someone who had ridden bikes from an early age and been a dispatch rider in the early days of WW2, Still defiant, i said well i 'm getting one, and he looked at me and said well son, your going to learn properly then, and took me to a riding school, in Ruislip Manor where they had roads all laid out and i got to learn on a KH125 in relative safety, and after only 30 minutes i was zooming about like i'd been doing it for years, apparently the instructor said to my old fella, i was a natural !! funny he never told me that for years and years probably thought it would make me big headed... Yeah as if !! I then went out and bought an RD125 twin for all of £325 and the rest as they say is history, 33 years later i'm still here and still loving it Although my mum was never happy about the biking thing, she accepted it was part of who i am... bless her.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2011 20:37  

I'm leaving my mum a note...

In my will LOL

She sent me to ask my uncles if I could buy a bike when I was 17 so with the threats of guns and leather belts I decided I wanted to live and kaffled...

Now I'm almost 40 they can kiss my arse LOL

Kids almost grown up (youngest now 12) and it's about high time I got another... Been 3 years since I sold baby but going to look at a gsx550 Tomoz and can't wait!!

I told my mum I'll 'probably get one next year' with my fingers crossed and was thinking buy the bike hide it when she comes over, blackmail kids into not letting on and ban dad from ever having contact with mummy at family 'do's'

Thankfully my daddy appreciates my love of bikes and is rather proud I'm following in his footsteps xx

Update Reply
mizzi @ 06/09/2011 23:22  

Well done lisa. Sure it's a load off. Now relax, and enjoy

Update Reply
desres @ 07/09/2011 01:29  

hi all, i was into bikes at a very early age, my late dad, bless him, had triumph thunderbirds and bsa something, cannot remember the make but i went on holidays all over the uk in a sidecar with my late mom. all i remember is what fun we had. when i got older i asked my dad about me having a bike and he would be glad to see me rideonly if i get the right training. this i did, passed the test and my first bike was a suzuki x5 200. so to finish this little story is my parents were ok about me going onto bikes and to all newbies into bikes GET TRAINED UP, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE. STAY SAFE ALL AND SEE YOU AT KISS!!!!!!!

Update Reply
brummiepaul @ 07/09/2011 08:29  

My old man bought me an old dt50 for my 16th and even paid the cbt for me. Parents both loved bikes when they were younger and were plenty happy for me...Even get my mum out as a pillion every once in a while :-D

Update Reply
securitybob @ 09/09/2011 01:06  

Passed my CBT at the end of May, got first bike at beginning of July and my parents still don't know anything!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 11/09/2011 19:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email