MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Would you change the colour of your bike?

Would you change the colour of your bike? - Forums [Biker Match] Would you change the colour of your bike? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Would you change the colour of your bike?

Some of you will know I came off my bike last year and it's suffered some cosmetic damage. I have the chance to buy the body work from a black CBR plus he'll swap the bits not being purchased (tank, tail peice, mud guard etc). The black panels are mint apart from a small bit cut out the nose cone so flat bars would fit. This would need to be repaired so I'd still be looking at some sort of paint job. I really like the look of the bike in black but I will become harder to see. What would others do? Would you change the colour of your bike?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/07/2011 07:21  

Sod the colour, just add a pair of forward facing 50mm cannons. (tch...XK ruining a perfectly serious thread again - wot a dipstick)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 07:27  

Think this is a choice only you can make as for harder to see a black bike don't think that means much if there not looking anyway

Update Reply
JP @ 08/07/2011 07:28  

Personally no I wouldn't , but then again there is no damage so could not really say if I was in your position.

For me one of the things that attracted me to the bike I have is th colour, I knew I wanted an SV as my 1st bike, looked at lots of different ones that were for sale, but fell in love with Vinny for his colour, I don't know what would have happened if Ian had come back and said, nope it was no good lol.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/07/2011 07:28  

I know it's a personal choice but thought others might have opinions on things like potential resale value etc. I prefer the look of the black bodywork which is the main reason I'm considering it...trashing my own just makes it more attractive. I guess if the black panels didn't have their own little bit of damage to correct I'd know the answer, it would be done already! Your SV is a very nice colour Shell, matches my leather jacket.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/07/2011 07:49  

Thanks Roachy .... Guess what I meant (really must wake up proper before I post) is it wouldn't be Vinny the bike I wanted if I changed the colour.

Mind you you said yourself you feel like you have a new bike at the mo, so if you like the black then go for it ! And fall in love with your 'new' old bike, cheaper than getting a new new one ... I think you will know what I mean lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/07/2011 07:55  

Can't see that black would affect the re-sale value at all so shouldn't be a problem there. As for it being harder to see you, I had a fuchsia pink Harley Davidson which as well as the colour was very loud - doesn't stop them pulling out on you because you are invisible apparently lol. If you like it, go for it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 08:55  

Do you think it may be because you were pink Boss Mom lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/07/2011 09:36  

Is it 'cos I's pink? No, I don't think so

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 14:02  

Rosa Capo Madre lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/07/2011 14:08  

I don't think the colour of the bike has anywhere near as much effect as the colour of your clothing. If you want black, have black, if you fancy another colour go for that ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 08/07/2011 14:59  

Nowt wrong with black, as long as its got a bit of silver or gold on it to break it up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2011 16:28  

If you prefer your bike in black then go for it In a previous post it was stated that it should not affect the resale value of your bike so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 08/07/2011 17:39  

as my bike aint worth very much and anything would enhance it i would go for black i think as looking a bit worse for wear, could take off the fairing and spray it or bronze lol shiny shiny

Update Reply
earthwind @ 08/07/2011 20:04  

I made my mind up last night to go for it. Thanks to all for your input. A friend said it would show up on a HPI check and could cause people to ask questions and/or walk away. However, if and when selling I'd always be up front and honest and would never advertise the bike as never dropped etc, let alone never crashed. I'd be open about the colour change and the reasons why, including my little accident. I've also got the chance to nab his mirrors, indicators and probably his exhaust if it's standard as with what he's doing to the bike, I doubt he'll be keeping a standard can. Just have to make sure after doing all this I don't drop the bloody thing again...or crash it!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 09/07/2011 11:29  

Roachy, don't forget to send your log book in informing them of the colour change when it's sprayed. That way all documentation will match up if you decide to sell in the future.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 09/07/2011 12:30  

at least its not pink !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/07/2011 13:50  

How about Pink and Black???? lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 20/07/2011 20:36  

i've been planning a paintjob on my Bandit since i bought it 9yr ago , had an offy 1 mile out o the show room , bought brand new too . Lack of funds has kept paint job on the back burner , maybe next yr . Going black with copper fleck , wheels will be done in copper , seat cover already designed Suzuki's S logo on rider's seat , Scottish Thistle logo on pillion seat and piping all done in copper . Engine will get a re-paint too , should look brand new again once done Prob have to put on a new set of pipes and end-can aswell

Update Reply
fastjock @ 28/07/2011 21:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email