MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Your Favourite Quote...

Your Favourite Quote... - Forums [Biker Match] Your Favourite Quote... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Your Favourite Quote...

I have a good have dozen or so quotes that I apply to situations on a daily basis. Here’s my top two; “The World is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” - Albert Einstein. “Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock. “Or the one” - Kirk. So what’s yours?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 09:14  

If you've nowt positive to say, keep your big mouth shut....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 13:30  

Sorry, I don’t follow what you mean kwakarider. But here are my other quotes that I live by 24/7. But please, do tell me if these are not positive too; "All Animals except Man know the ultimate of life is to enjoy it"- Samuel Butler. “Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight” – Albert Schweitzer. "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 13:54  

Err its not that hard just read what he said or did you think it was directed at yourself ?

Update Reply
JP @ 07/07/2011 14:12  

What goes around comes around...       (and same as kwakriders it isn't directed at anyone)

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 07/07/2011 14:49  

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. Abraham Lincoln

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 14:50  

Im gonna make him an offer he cant refuse,,,

frankly my dear i dont give a damn,,,

and an original quote by Boody,,, The pen is mightier than the sword!! (yeah but not if i stick it up your nose it aint !!)

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/07/2011 14:56  

Old age is inevertable.....Growing up is optional

If you cannot handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 15:52  

If you treat others with tact, diplomacy and consideration you cant go far wrong :)
My Dad lol

from me ....................... if i cant dazzle you with brilliance i will baffle you with bulls***

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/07/2011 16:08  

its like riding a bike !!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/07/2011 16:34  

lol - aren't Dads great for coming out with brilliant quotations.

Mine has come out with a couple of pearls!

One was when I told him that I was learning to filter through traffic (aged 17) and he turned on me with "You be f**king careful doing that" which stunned me as I'd never really heard my Dad swear. After a few seconds of silence he realised it was the first time he'd sworn in front of me and said: "What do you expect, twenty four years in the Army, I can swear non-stop for over five minutes, using swear words from four languages!" lol!

But my favourite was: "If you find yourself in an argument with someone, never use violence, always try and solve the issue through discussion ... and if that doesn't work, smack 'em in the gob!"

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 07/07/2011 16:36  

never eat yellow snow!
never pon an electric fence!
dont french kiss a cobra,

i do therefore i am,, j,p satre
doo be doo be doo,,, sinatra

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/07/2011 19:13  

kwakarider, I misunderstood you. What a plonker I am as I was looking for the author. Sorry! (Thanks jp for the PM pointing this out! ). A good one though. Yep, I know that one feistygirl, a well known and how true that saying is. I’ve not heard of Boss Mom’s Abraham Lincoln quote though. Obviously he was a smart politician thinking, renowned for his quote, as he couldn’t obviously fool everyone at the same time. But don’t our politicians try the opposite lol? Boody, I got the godfather one (yep I remember the scene before the horse bit lol), but I had to google the other, Clark Gable? And I agree, the Pen is by far mightier. But no, I don’t fancy it up my nose lol. (That rings a bell). lone_rider, I totally agree Growing up is optional. I had to google your second one, not just for the author (Marilyn Monroe?) but also its meaning (and I’m still searching lol!). BJ, I’d like to think like your Dad, but, hmm, it can be difficult at times! And talking of red mist, the bulls*** is another word I'd use for science or rocket science. I don’t really know you but I think you’re too nice for that. WheelyNealy’s, its like riding a bike !! Same as a the proverbial ‘like a fish to water’ I think. (I wish I could ride my bike like a fish!). Geoff, I was only in the Junior Army and I used to laugh at the Cpl’s every time they piped up. I just couldn’t take swearing seriously. It was only in one language though! Snow, electric fence, not heard of the cobra, but makes perfect sense though, boody. Oh my, right now, I’m on the floor about the Sinatra. Brilliant! doo be doo be doo pmsl!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 20:01  

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Update Reply
loving it @ 07/07/2011 20:04  

.... move the soul.... absolutely

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 20:11  

Live and let live!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 07/07/2011 20:37  

unless its directed at somebody you really dont like wend, then its" die please die",,

glad you like ronaldo,, oh and the sinatra bit is also mine!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 07/07/2011 20:43  

How very true wenders, reminds me of a song though. But that must be yours and boody’s latest combined? lol Yep Sinatra, really funny boody. I would patent it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 20:55  

F*** O**, and when you get there, f*** off a bit mor

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 07/07/2011 21:10  

bandit lover, is that like the one; “go forth and multiply” one lol?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/07/2011 21:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email