MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Most embarrassing moment on your bike

Most embarrassing moment on your bike - Forums [Biker Match] Most embarrassing moment on your bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Most embarrassing moment on your bike

Hehehehehehehe Come on ppl, let out your embarrassing moments that youve had on your bike for everyone to have a giggle!!!!! Mine, ermmmmmmm, forgot to put sidestand down when pulling up at a Rally, and, yes, dropped my bike on myself in front of everyone KEEP THEM CLEAN PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! (your comments not ur bikes)

Update Reply
wenders @ 04/07/2011 21:35  

Looping mi 350lc while showing off wheelieing in front of some school girls lol, what you do when your young n daft.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 21:44  

Mine is just over 2yrs ago when on a 125. Pulled into Sainsbury’s and was in two minds whether to park straight ahead or to the right parking slots. Went to the right but stalled it, dropped it and went flying off the bike with an over dramatic judo roll. A couple rushed over to see if I was ok. But was alright as I had full kit on, so I didn’t feel a thing. But how embarrassing!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 21:47  

crashing a rg250 gamma ,through a neighbours fence and ending up hitting a big water barrel in the bak garden,and half the street running out.thank god it was 20 yrs ago..............

Update Reply
picko @ 04/07/2011 21:56  

250 Gamma! What a machine. I had the joy of being loaned a track day prepped RGV250 about fifteen years ago ... it was like being strapped to a Exocet missile!

Wind the throttle on from around 5000rpm ... nothing ... 6000rpm ... nothing ... 7000rpm ... nothing ... 8000rpm ... HOLY SH*****T!!! WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!

Timed my route to work only to find it was actually no quicker than my VFR750 ... but my word, did it feel quicker lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 04/07/2011 22:06  

Hahahaha Actdaft, must be where ya got ur username from then??? lol Weepiobair, ur not supposed to practice martial arts on a bike hehe Picko, did ya get wet????? OI Geoffb2005, did ya come off it???

Update Reply
wenders @ 04/07/2011 22:15  

"OI Geoffb2005, did ya come off it?"

!! My reputation obviously precedes me! No, that is one bike I didn't actually come off lol.

My most embarrassing drop was not unlike Actdaft's. Large car park in Hunstanton, eighteen year old kid on a CX500 (me) spots a group of cute girls sat on a bench, he rides up to a parking space immediately in front of the bench and without making any eye contact (cos he was cool), removes his helmet and in one perfectly choreographed motion, blips the throttle, sits back, kills the engine and drops the bike over onto the sidestand.

Except he'd (I'd) forgotten to put the sidestand down.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 04/07/2011 22:23  

Mine is probably my *we're going down* moment in Devon. I've dropped my bikes several times and all have been embarrassing but the worst was when I zipped past this twat in a van who kept coming up my inside and then I had to stop suddenly and I fell off into the oncoming traffic (which thankfully didn't run me over) and although I don't really remember it I keep getting reminded that I shouted out over the comms....*we're going down!*...twice! I think that was the most embarrassing bit!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 04/07/2011 22:24  

Battle of Britain!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 04/07/2011 22:26  

That’s really funny Roachy *we're going down* not the prang ofcourse, but you make sound like your on a ship lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 22:32  

Mine was a few (lot) years ago on my first bike on the road, a Yam DT50, only been on the road a week, going round a blind bend I caved in the wing of a Moggy Minor with my right leg and fell off.

Got myself up and he followed me home where stepdad sorted it out for me,. As if that wasn't enuf the next nite at a party a mate of mine asked if I knew a Kn*b with a moped who live near me by the name of ***** and gave my stepdads name, I had to admit it was me who had bent the wing on his dads pride and joy. OOOOpps.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 22:36  

Recently dropping it whilst at the head of 4 cars at a busy junction.....i misjudged the road surface!!!

Three drivers got out and picked it up off me which was embarrasing enough especially as the tears had come due to hurting my back.

Needless to say the helmet stayed put!!!.....as i dabbed my eyes.

I think the worst of it was the look on the woman's face who helped me....maybe i mis-interpreted it but it was if she was saying " what the hell is a woman your age doing on a bike anyway!!!"

When i pulled myself together i went tearing down the road trying to find the blue car the woman and man got into to .....
1- Thank them for their help.....and
2- Tell them i had competently covered 300 miles that day prior to dropping my bike.......Pride......terrible isn't it ?

Update Reply
loving it @ 04/07/2011 22:39  

Well im soooooo glad to hear im not the only one that drops the bike.....Aint half embarrassing thou innit I think we all need stabalizers putting on lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 04/07/2011 22:46  

I tried to bumpstart my bantam, my ex hubby always used to do it for me. I pushed it for a while and when it started to go let the clutch out and had jumped on the bike 1st, it ran away with me and went straight into the neighbours wall - jeez, was so embarrassing, glad i had my lid on so no-one could see how scarlet i went.

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 04/07/2011 22:56  

Yes it is so embarrassing Wenders......when i'm moving , no problem .....just the stopping. Pain is i've done everything to lower my bike and still i get caught out.

When i got this new one i wanted a faired one but my best friend advised against it .......thought it would cost too much to repair if i constantly dropped it .......plus he suggested i fit crash bars, which i have and they have been worth every penny.

Update Reply
loving it @ 04/07/2011 22:59  

Twenty years ago, on my test, I ran my examiner over. Needless to say, I failed. My mother still dines out on this little gem.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 23:08  

Mine was this year

Down @ Lizard Point while on the Cornwall Camping Week.

Fell off my bike while stationary in front of everyone, and not just the BM Bikers, but lots of public to... What a wally I felt

So glad I kept my helmet on

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/07/2011 23:17  

Mine, couple of years back, Wed night meet at Knott End. Pulled into car park, turning tight, pulled front brake, down I went in front of all the gathered bikers. See the funny side of it now, but on the night I couldn't get into cafe and hide quick enough.

Update Reply
triple1 @ 04/07/2011 23:38  

The page isn't long enough for my oppsies lol xx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 05/07/2011 00:02  

Beautiful sunny day on the Cumbrian coast & pulling into a very full, popular layby stuffed with cars & bikes. I'd been having problems with the engine suddenly cutting out when I was decelerating & my bike chose to perform this trick as I was slowing down to pull on to the chipping covered, pot holed pull-in, so I had little control where the bike stopped....needless to say there was a huge pothole where my right foot wanted to be. Me and Geordielass struggled to get bike up again but we managed it.
A few sundays later a mate announced on facebook he was going for a bacon butty to this very same favourite cafe on the coast road. I commented back that I'd dropped my bike there....he responded 'OMG! That was YOU....infamy!' He wasn't there but clearly my little mishap hadn't gone unnoticed cos the word had gone around and some cumbrian bikers had a bloomin good laugh, grrrr, lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 05/07/2011 00:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email