MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why you should wear proper gear

Why you should wear proper gear - Forums [Biker Match] Why you should wear proper gear - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why you should wear proper gear

This poor lass learnt the hard way;

http://wiki.sabmagfaq.org/Road%20Rash%20Queen

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 29/06/2011 18:42  

Ouch Silly

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2011 19:01  

They sure are horrendous injuries, they should be shown to all the daft bikers who insist on wearing shorts and tee shirts etc whilst riding

Update Reply
drobess @ 29/06/2011 19:03  

But she had jeans on so that's alright isn't it?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 29/06/2011 19:08  

Wow.....that was one hell of a stirring article Geoff.....Thanks.

When i was nursing on the orthopeadic ward i saw so many injuries, but nothing quite like this.

Certainly worth a good read through.....especially when thinking of taking a pillion, particularly when they are someone you love.

Update Reply
loving it @ 29/06/2011 19:27  

OMG. That must have been so sore. You know, this morning I’d taken the bike to the local dealer for a MOT. It’s only ½ mile but I still remember the words of a physiotherapist (another story smashed finger dropped bike on high camber) saying slides, falls can happen even going to the local shops. So I always wear my full kit. Thanks for posting.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 10:54  

as soon as i saw the word "bikini" i thought aww no way!! nobody can be that dumb? err yes they are apparently.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 30/06/2011 10:55  

Only the vain, trying to look 'cool'. But, as we have seen, vanity has its price

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 11:10  

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Me thinks its time i hang up the leggins and bomber jacket and get some proper gear......Tempted fate far tooooo long.. And i know im stupid ok!!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/06/2011 11:17  

well i wudnt take a pilly who didnt have correct gear on,at least jeans and a proper jacket and gloves.

Update Reply
picko @ 30/06/2011 13:05  

Geoff that was an excellent article to post - I only hope people take notice and dress appropriately. Since I posted a thread about open or full faced helmets I will never wear an open faced again. So I truly hope this article hits home about clothing.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 30/06/2011 13:53  

OUCH... Im going to post this on facebook...

This should be shown to everyone who owns a moped/motorbike.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 14:12  

learnt the hard lesson . dont forget to button up

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 30/06/2011 15:31  

Shut it, mic

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 15:53  

My Luv is just sent to thee poor Brave Lass x

Update Reply
RockerRich @ 30/06/2011 16:18  

Poor girl, yes she was stupid, but no-one deserves that. Very emotional reading for a mum just about to let her youngest on the back of a bike, but she will be wearing full kit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 16:28  

How well do you know the rider? Maybe, just maybe, a word in his ear along the lines of " if anything happens to my daughter, I will cut your balls off and feed them to ..." I also have a dorta, and have a father's protective instincs.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 16:41  

when on the trike my pillie ALWAYS has protection , just in case

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 30/06/2011 16:51  

It's OK XK, it's her dad that will be taking her, on a bike with full luggage protection and he used to do motorcycle instruction so she is in safe hands, it's just the other idiots out there we have to worry about.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 16:54  

my pillie ALWAYS has protection , just in case sounds like an advert for condoms

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/06/2011 17:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email