MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why you should wear proper gear

Why you should wear proper gear (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Why you should wear proper gear (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why you should wear proper gear

Mates

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 30/06/2011 17:34  

Does make you worry when you seen shorts and t shirts, even more so when its a bigger bike. you know the old saying 1mm of bone for every 10mph if you get it wrong (summit like that I recall)

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 30/06/2011 19:34  

am having a bbq with my boys and his friends all 18 -21 and showed them this,,,,,,,,,,,the comments and attitudes are awesum ,

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 30/06/2011 21:29  

i thought motorcyclists were surposed to be againced discrimination it was her choice yes she paid the price but it was her choice i have been down the road a few times myself and been badly hurt had to argue with the doctors to keep my right leg but i still chouse what to wear when i like yes if the weather is bad i wear the best protection i can a bloody big 4x4 works wonders for me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2011 23:02  

Don't forget your insurer's will not payout in full for personal injureres if your not in full kit. no surprise there then

Update Reply
JP @ 04/07/2011 05:57  

In reply to Clive's comment about choice. It has to be an informed choice. I have the choice on what I wear and it's always protective clothing If I take a pilly I feel responsible for them, so if they aren't wearing the right gear they don't get on my bike.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 04/07/2011 13:42  

Considering the rider was going so fast that the pilly fell off the back I don't think her well being was at the forefront of his mind. As for what you wear, yes it's sensible to wear protective clothing, but then is it sensible to inhale niccotine knowing what it does to your lungs? Is it sinsible to drink alcohol knowing it can pickle your liver? Is it sensible to use a vehicle that can fall over when there are plenty that can't? We know what's sensible, but each to their own eh?

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 04/07/2011 16:49  

Yeah each to their own I agree, however what about the poor souls who have to clean up the mess?

I had a bike go past me today with a rider in shorts & T shirt on the Motorway, later on down the same M/way I saw police & ambulance around someone, they were in no rush to move & said bike about 500 yards further down the road

Those people doing the 'clean up' are the ones I feel sorry for, they don't have any choice in the matter, they just have to deal with the aftermath of when it all goes wrong, and then have to try & get on with life as normal.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/07/2011 18:44  

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/upstate-ny-motorcyclist-dies-after-hitting-head-on-pavement-during-protest-against-helmet-laws/2011/07/03/AGNicNwH_story.html?wprss=rss_national

Sometimes you make the wrong choices but I'm firmly in the Right to choose camp.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 04/07/2011 19:34  

harry honda yes i would not allow a pillion on my bike to unless they were dressed safely but for myself its my choice i only ride my bike in good weather as i am severly disabled due to bike crashes i was a dispatch rider for a to z for 10 yrs and have seen every crash and injury posible but i ware what i want if its hot its a combat jacket and jeans i would never go without a lid and gloves

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2011 01:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email