MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Think your good at slow speed riding...

Think your good at slow speed riding... - Forums [Biker Match] Think your good at slow speed riding... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Think your good at slow speed riding...

Came across this and have to say I was impressed. Imagine doing your Mod1 like this...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/RidingEvents/ridingeventsresults/Riding-skills/2011/March/mar0411-think-youre-good-at-low-speed-riding/

Update Reply
gixergal @ 25/06/2011 23:46  

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/RidingEvents/ridingev...ed-riding/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/06/2011 01:18  

Thanks Sandi, having trouble with my mouse... think I should get a new one, lol.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 26/06/2011 01:28  

In a word…awesome! I reckon though do that in MOD 1, the examiner would think what the is this? lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2011 06:10  

Did notice he kept his knee in shame some here cant 1 degree off vertical and thay pop out like there spring loaded

Update Reply
JP @ 26/06/2011 06:55  

Fabulous !

I have seen it done on big bikes in the USA, but that was great

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/06/2011 08:55  

Very impressive skills. Did notice the bike didn't have clip on bars though.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 26/06/2011 09:02  

JP - I too noticed that he kept his knees in... having said that, if he stuck his knee out he'd of knocked the cones over. It was certainly impressive and proved that you can lean without knee coming out.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 26/06/2011 12:27  

I really think your missing the point with the knee out comments - with such short distances and flicking the bike over he wasnt shifting his balance/cog because he didnt really have time to do it. It does give a more stable platform when cornering at high speed on the track if your arse is off the seat, knee out etc, and also in the wet it allows you to keep the bike more upright, as well as a host of other reasons.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 27/06/2011 00:59  

Ah but what is most amusing is watching riders on the road, shuffling their arse into the correct position 1/4 mile before the bend and then creeping round it, while I'm having to ease off as they are scared to go round it.

Guess I'm old school, I've followed guys with their knees out and I'm scratching my head wondering why? as I follow because they aren't going that fast, on really quick corners I shift my weight about a bit, but not to the extreme that some seem to think they have to.

The outside of my foot normally scrapes the deck, even when I've got it tucked in guess I mustn't be doing it right

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/06/2011 16:53  

Your missing the point Potnoddles as Shadowfax say why do thay think thay need to stick there knee out and shift off the seat at 30 MPH to go round a SLITE bend that you could take with your knee in and sitting upright at 70+

Update Reply
JP @ 27/06/2011 17:42  

Ok so you think that every one shifts there arse out on the road because they are going for it? Way wrong - I shift my arse so that it becomes a learnt behaviour like driving. I dont need to - i do it (even on stupidly slow corners) so its second nature and one less thing to think about when I go on track days, the point of which for me is to corner faster in relative SAFETY (ie no cars or trees - straight line speed is boring). So dont give attitude or arrogance when you can do go around a corner wthout moving - so can I. And dont be so judgemental about the way other people ride - you dont know why he/she might be riding in such a fashion. Also we where all learners once. It takes all sorts to make the world - good and bad - and they certainly wont all agree with you or ride like you. On another note I would also add the more trackdays I have done the slower I go on the road - its just doesnt feel as safe with all the obstacles and risks on the road.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 28/06/2011 01:24  

Ok in your own post about the guy in the vid you said he wouldnt have time to keep moving his wight around so why do it on the road at slow speed if you need to move the bike round something fast you are off balance so it will take longer. And its not attitude or arrogance in my post it is asking why riders think you need to ride like that

Update Reply
JP @ 28/06/2011 04:28  

Makes me laugh when so many go on about the biking "brotherhood" and how we should all stick together. And then you get so much bitching from all the sub-classes (for want of a better description) about style of bike, style of riding, choice of clothes. Bikers are just as judgemental of other bikers as anyone else, of not more so. Reminds me of the gay community! For what it's worth, I've never bought into the "we are bikers and we should stick together" mantra. Being a "biker" or riding a bike doesn't stop someone from being a cock.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 28/06/2011 06:47  

Sorry if I offended you JP, my point really was its up to the individual how he rides and who are we to criticise or judge. Me personally I make a habit of moving (when I remember) especially a week or so before a trackday, need to make it an unconcious habit. It has nothing to do with going faster on the road for me - I dont I go slowish on the road. Live and let live is me motto - and I do try to live by it so dont give a flyin f*** what anyone else does (not angry words) as long as it doesnt impinge on my personally safety/welfare.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 28/06/2011 07:15  

i'd like to see this guy do it on my harley! he'd need a few more cones though, just to make it really tricky

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2011 23:30  

i'd like to see this guy do it on my harley! he'd need a few more cones though, just to make it really tricky

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2011 23:30  

No Problem......just set up the cones.

Update Reply
loving it @ 29/06/2011 19:55  

oh today I also remembered why I put both knees out at times, including when cornering !!!!!!! My bloody n..s get cooked, especially when going slow, and its great to have some fresh air drafting that way !!!!!!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 03/07/2011 19:48  

Got the free Motorcycle monthly today and apparently the sport of Moto Gymkhana (as in the video) has been brought over from Japan. If you fancy having a go for a fiver here is the link:

www.motogymkhana.org

Good luck

Update Reply
loving it @ 03/07/2011 23:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email