MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Do you nod?

Do you nod? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Do you nod? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Do you nod?

yes , i nod am im not the rider,, just manners towards fellow bikers isnt it.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 21/06/2011 20:02  

i always nod to other bikers. perfected in nicely with a tilt to the right

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 21/06/2011 20:02  

I have to admit to being a "nodder", not to scooters or the moped / 125 lunatics who ride like idiots with no protective gear often no visor or goggles. I even saw one last week riding his moped with the helmet balanced on top of his head so he could smoke and talk on his mobile (D***head, sprung to mind).

I do however have absolutely no problem with the general sensible 125 ers. Anyone who is making an effort to become part of the biking fraternity is good in my books.

Go for it and enjoy, welcome to clan.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2011 20:06  

if its got two wheels and an engine and they prepaired to nob at me then ill give em a nod ! hate ignorance on all levals

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/06/2011 20:08  

Please don't post forum subject ALL IN CAPS. I'll fix it this one time, but in future the topic will be deleted. Thanking you muchly!!! :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/06/2011 20:09  

I nod, and if someone on a scooter or the lunatic fringe on 125's, nods at me, I nod back.

My Son is one of the lunatic fringe on 125's and a couple of long time mates, who started on scooters are bike riders now.

Seem to remember on the Bm ride to Whitby the other week. We went through a village and there were a bunch of older guys outside a pub, in Parka's, by thier Lambretta's. Nearly all of them waved as we went by and, again when they passed us on a fuel stop. Two wheels is two wheels.

Justme101, just go for it !. How do you know for sure, that you will fail ?. You can always take it again anyway !. Has Valentino Rossi NEVER fallen off a bike, has he won EVERY time he's gone out? Nah!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 21/06/2011 20:14  

Matt, is that a rule? Seems pretty arbitrary.

All, yes I nod. To all bikes and trikes and scooters and any teen on a learner plate. If we cant all try to get along where will wr end up?
Bikers are a small minority, let's not marginalize anyone.

Graham

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 21/06/2011 20:19  

I always nod.. Scooter, moped, trike or bike. i always nod. If you are a new biker on a 125 and everyone nods, then you would want to be part of that group!... we need new young bikers! Kez

Update Reply
bikerkez @ 21/06/2011 21:37  

I always nod. The police in my area are pulling over riders of scooters/mopeds whose only protection stops short of a plaster to educate them in wearing proper kit.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 21/06/2011 21:48  

I nod or flash at anything on two wheels, even cop bikes sometimes. I've even found myself doing it while driving the car....DOH!!

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 21/06/2011 21:57  

Fret not Weirdoraptor as I do life savers whilst driving the car.....well even they have blind spots

Update Reply
gixergal @ 21/06/2011 22:09  

Gixer THAN GOD FOR THAT !

I did wonder if I was the only one who did that in the car, I find I do it more when following Ian on his bike & I am in the car .... bit of a pain when doing a left side lifesaver ... but you always know whats on the back seat

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/06/2011 22:12  

Shell, I know what you mean when it comes to doing a life saver on the left side. I too am so pleased that I am not the only one...

Update Reply
gixergal @ 21/06/2011 22:20  

Wow !!!

A post on nodding, it must be all of a month since the last thread, and I believe it was about 6 weeks before that and a month before that and .......... you get the picture.

There even 3 threads about nods all at the some time at the moment !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2011 22:21  

I nod or flash at anything on two wheels... Weirdo by name...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/06/2011 22:22  

If its someone on another tourer I'll allways nod,.. a ballistic plastic missile pilot will have other things on his mind than nodding back so often don't bother with them,.. just depends on their speed really. If I'm on me ST13 I'll often get a wave from ambulance drivers,.. I'll nod back, then when they get closer, and realise their mistake the glum face returns. If I've just past a biker,.. one who was actually watching his mirrors,.. they'll get a short wave, unless there's something else that needs concentrating on up front. Scooter'ists,... nope sorry, never wave/nod to ANY of the 'shorts n t-shirt' brigade, but if its a 125 been ridden sensibly they'll get an acknowledgement of some kind, if I think its not going to un-nerve em. DAS,.... hmm,... sorry, no opinion on that one,.. I got my full license 20 years ago, 2 days after me HGV!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 21/06/2011 22:23  

XKLYBR -- "I nod or flash at anything on two wheels... Weirdo by name..." Bugger !! I've been outed!

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 22/06/2011 00:30  

yes----------again and again in another 4or5 weeks

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/06/2011 01:12  

Do you think it'll be that long Bill?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/06/2011 07:12  

probably not Geoff, it seems people dont look for past topics

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/06/2011 09:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email