MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Do you nod?

Do you nod? (7) - Forums [Biker Match] Do you nod? (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Do you nod?

I nod at most, most of the time, not at cruiser riders unless they nod first, but i've been supprised at the lack of nodding these days, I think Katooom is right biking has suddenly got all trendy and the real diehard bikers from the old days are fewer it seems. The worst thing of all is it's getting harder for young people to get on a bike these days so will i wonder biking die out once us old cronnies have given it up for our bath chairs...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/08/2011 20:50  

Yes...always!
Everyone used to nod 20 years ago, but no where near as many people nod now???
I must be getting old! lol!

Update Reply
MarkTLS @ 31/08/2011 21:13  

I don't think the great wonder of biking will ever die easy. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I started in the early 1960's when there were a large number of bikes around. I include the old mods although I was of the fraternity. But half my mates were mods the other half pure bikers. OK I was confused!<o:p></o:p>
In the early 1970's there was a noticeable lull in the numbers of bikes. Younger people were getting into the car scene. But by the 1980's the popularity came back and seems to have increased since then. I have given up biking 3 times; I thought that’s it no more, too old. Well at 62 I got myself another bike and here we go again. Once in the blood it is always there.<o:p></o:p>
As for nodding I limit the number to acknowledgement for giving way etc. I don't remember nodding in the early days. Rockers would probably take a nod the wrong way. The nearest to a nod that you may have got was another forehead approaching yours rapidly before you sensed immense pain.<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
davidneale @ 31/08/2011 21:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email