MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

If you get a nod from me

If you get a nod from me - Forums [Biker Match] If you get a nod from me - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

If you get a nod from me

Hi guys and gals. I tend to dip in and out of the site. Work calls often to prevent my participation most of the time! If I send you a nod I am just saying hello. I am not trying to hit on you, honest. Doesn't matter where you live or whether you male or female, need to keep my toes dipped into the site. So Hi, and hope to meet you sometime. please nod back or say hi :-)))))))

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 16/06/2011 01:00  

OMFGG!! Is nodding hitting on people??? (I'm serious)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2011 01:06  

Some people think it is - i thought it was just a polite thing, but i nodded back to one member and got a load of pervy messages

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 16/06/2011 01:19  

Oh Sorry Pink - just couldnt help it

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 16/06/2011 02:20  

pmsl @ bandito - it wasnt you, you're way too much of a gent - arent you ???? x

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 16/06/2011 02:33  

wasnt me ....honest !!!!!

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 16/06/2011 06:50  

Welcome back (again) Suzie lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/06/2011 10:02  

There was a time when the "nod" was actually called the "wink", but it was changed to avoid people "winking" at others and it being taken as hitting on them.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/06/2011 13:17  

OMG!! I've nodded/winked at fella's!! What will the neighbours say?

In my bestest deepest blokiest voice I hereby appologise for any bum twitchin I may have caused lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2011 13:21  

"In my bestest deepest blokiest voice I hereby appologise for any bum twitchin I may have caused"

Update Reply
loving it @ 16/06/2011 15:17  

Hello. I’ve done this Nod thing before accidentally. But it was the cat’s fault (really it was!). I forget where I was on the site, but the cat jumped up on the keyboard, brought some other box up on screen, I tried to click/clear it and ended up Nodding somebody. It was so embarrassing. Ronnie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2011 15:49  

well you learn somthing new every day, i thought a nod was being polite lol...

Update Reply
sunnylee @ 16/06/2011 15:58  

This has casued confusion before!! http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=6116 triumph.......... cheeks firmly squeezed here but I did nod back!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 16/06/2011 16:03  

I thought a nod is a nod on this site, like it would be out on the bike. I'm now developing a complex that every biker I come across fancies me or if I nod first that I fancy them. I will forever remain stiff necked when passing another biker in fear of them turning round, following me home and jumping my bones. There again it could be a spontaneous bike meet...... Party Time Anyone for a rideout????, I'll nod first, followwwww meeeeee

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 16/06/2011 17:12  

That’s food for thought…. When out on the bike… I’ll stick a leg out or wave….. But I won’t NOD! Lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/06/2011 17:30  

I'll Nod at anybody, I just don't care if they Nod back or lift a leg or look the other way. Been doing it since 1967 and the same goes on this site. To me it means "Hello".

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2011 14:01  

Maybe it's not a nod that someone is sending, but a headbutt instead

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/06/2011 21:54  

If that's the case, tell them to "nod off"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/06/2011 00:34  

This topic often crops up so I'll be repeating myself, but I can't see the point of a nod on here. A nod, when you're on a bike, means (IMHO) acknowledgement when seeing another biker on the road. Nothing more, nothing less. Instead of winks and nods perhaps we should have TEXT something on the lines of 'I fancy you, send this back if you fancy me' that way there's no misunderstanding the meaning lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/06/2011 00:47  

when i nod i just mean nod like when i am riding that is all it dont mean any more than that and thats why i like this site. Anyone who i have nodded at and thinks its anymore than that oops and sorry bout that its just a nod (perhaps i am getting wrong lol ah well wont be the first time and probably not the last) whistles quietly as retreats behind a smoke screen

Update Reply
earthwind @ 19/06/2011 02:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email