MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

bulbs

bulbs  - Forums [Biker Match] bulbs  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

bulbs

on the continent it is composary to keep spare bulbs in cars etc , should the same law applie here to stop twats driving with only one headlight , making people think its a bike coming towards them ?

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 14/06/2011 18:18  

Cant agree with you more MM it should be law. how hard is it you can get the bulb kit from halfords for your car and stick it in the boot glove box where ever then plod stops you at night with a blown tail light and you have saved yourself a 5 day ticket

Update Reply
JP @ 14/06/2011 18:21  

Well, given that Halfords picked up the wrong headlight bulb for my car when I had them change it, could be quite tricky ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 15/06/2011 13:55  

There's also some cars now which have to have the bumper removed before you can get to the bulb

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 15/06/2011 17:34  

The majority of drivers in this country would'nt have the faintest idea how to fit a new bulb anyway. So whats the point? It's a nice idea, but I don't think it would work here. At least we don't have to carry spare bulbs on a bike in Germany. Seems odd, but that's how it is.

Update Reply
timhall @ 15/06/2011 23:04  

i hate the drivers that dont know how to adjust the level of there dipped beam allways blinding you when aproaching idiots dont even start with those bloomin ultra zeon bulb things they put in the BMW's and the like Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 15/06/2011 23:07  

also there seems to be a new fad about speeding along unlit motorways with just sidelights on

Update Reply
nellie @ 18/06/2011 18:28  

another one that gets my goat up is these new cars that has lower fog ligts on .....and no main or dipped beam on,

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 18/06/2011 18:54  

Quite often the cars you see with one light on, or one very dim and the other very bright stems from a bad earth. Bulbs could be OK but bad connections to earth puts all the power into one side. Used to see it more on older cars but still around.

Still very annoying on a dark road.

Update Reply
TBird_Steve @ 18/06/2011 23:53  

Fog lights should be made to automatically go off once ignition or lights are switched off in a car. The amount of halfwits that continue to have them on for the 3 months following a light mist with 300 yard plus visibility seriously pee's me off lol!

And i can vouch for the difficulty of fitting bulbs on most new cars. Usually headlight and / or bumper has to be removed, at least to do one side or the other. Bloody stupid!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/06/2011 23:55  

My Civic's fog lights only stay on for the duration that the ignition is on, but the bulbs are a pain to change. I paid Halfords because I cba when I lost one last time ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 20/06/2011 13:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email