MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Urgent need Pest control

Urgent need Pest control - Forums [Biker Match] Urgent need Pest control - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Urgent need Pest control

I am in urgent need of someone to check out what's running riot in my loft. I had the council out a while ago and it was a squirel so all the places of entry are now well and truly blocked up. I have now been woken up for the third morning in a row by something running around again in my loft and not just in one place but can hear it in every room. My council don't come out anymore so haven't a clue who to get to come and have a look for me now, any suggestions for my area would be great. I feel so sick just listening to the noise.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 09/06/2011 07:50  

Hi C G Only thing I can think of is either you look in your Thomson local (or whatever your local phone book is called) OR search on the net for info and pest control experts. Asking for a written quote of course so you don't get any nasty surprises later I would have thought the Environmental Services would come out if it's VERMIN ( aren't squirrels classed as vermin?) that is roaming round your attic. It's a health risk isn't it? Good luck I hope you get it sorted soon.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2011 09:38  

it will be bogwoppits !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 11:10  

Hi CG, the council try and get out of paying for that kind of problem, but if you can find any little "clues" collect them and call the envromental health people and they usually get the council to send someone around, they may charge but it isnt usually as much as getting someone like rentokil. Hope you get it sorted xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 09/06/2011 12:24  

i have a friend who has a good rodent trap, so if you would like me to get it and set it up for you send me a pm !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 12:45  

If all else fails CG, get a snake lol xxx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 09/06/2011 13:18  

What a batty tale..nice on squirrel......its probably swallows under your eaves nesting...had same problem in my bungalow.......a quick look up and detected a mud constructed nest.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 13:28  

tiz the Bats in your bellfree CG send a bloke up with a hammer !! if as said if you look for dropping or clues like that will tell you what it is but you could bait a mouse and rat trap then you'll find out soon enough ! good luck

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/06/2011 14:41  

If they are bats...you cant remove them......protected by law.

Could be a mole though, thats lost its way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 14:46  

that depends on the bat Bike32

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/06/2011 14:47  

Whealy

In Britain, all bat species are protected by domestic and International legislation.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2011 14:58  

Bearing in mind the species of the intruder has not been found, there is nothing to indicate that it needs protecting, get some fumigating things from your local hardware shop, place in roof space and bobs your uncle

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 10/06/2011 15:37  

Biker 32 I would be interested to know what the international legislation is protecting bats in the UK. Know the UK law thanks!!!

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 10/06/2011 16:10  

Bats and the Law
In Britain all bat species and their roosts are legally protected, by both domestic and international legislation.
This means you will be committing a criminal offence if you: Deliberately capture, injure or kill a batIntentionally or recklessly disturb a bat in its roost or deliberately disturb a group of batsDamage or destroy a bat roosting place (even if bats are not occupying the roost at the time)Possess or advertise/sell/exchange a bat (dead or alive) or any part of a batIntentionally or recklessly obstruct access to a bat roost

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 10/06/2011 16:28  

get a rat bait box of ebay £10 ishand put it where the sound is most. if its a mouse or other rat it will eat the bait and after a week you will know if its been eating it, i have chickens in my garden and forever have things that go bump on my roofs.

Update Reply
sunnylee @ 10/06/2011 16:35  

cheers for that fiesty and biker32 i stand corrected lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/06/2011 17:53  

I know the British Law - but would like to know the International Law that applies please - quote would be useful.

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 11/06/2011 00:07  

Pot noodle...seems your pot is leaking....British law and International law covers the protection of bats...thats all anyone needs to know...unless of course you are a batty talker and would like to offer them a seminar in the ladies' attic.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 05:11  

whealy its nice to know you have the moral fibre to stand up and admit your mistake.....pity some others dont. Happy biking.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2011 05:13  

Get in touch with the Bat Conservation Trust i'm sure they can provide you with the exact international law noodles

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 11/06/2011 10:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email