MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

forever posting!

forever posting! - Forums [Biker Match] forever posting! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

forever posting!

[rant mode on] Has anyone noticed how certain people seem to want to post on every new thread or post made .... dear me, get a life!!

And while I'm in rant mode, nothing new, but why, oh why when an event thread is done, people insist on hijacking it with 15 million pages of dribble and the actual event with who is going etc gets buried ......

Moderators I believe this is your job, to actually moderate the events post. If peopel want to talk about the event START A NEW THREAD!!![rant mode off]

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 12:26  

Great to see you being your usual charming self Shadow Correct me if I'm wrong (which no doubt you will) but 2 threads do normally run for events. One with attendees and useful information and the driffle thread! The mods have discussed this before now and I believe that the driffle thread does have its uses in that in some way it 'bonds' folk that have never met. In one such driffle thread it led to someone bringing ice cream for everyone, both very thoughtful and amusing in my opinion. If you remember one of the reasons I was looking forward to meeting you was because of something you posted that I found highly amusing. Yes folk do sometimes find a billions posts annoying, but you don't always have to read them

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 30/05/2011 12:33  

oy fax u poping at me i post on every newbes thred

or are u just i a realy good mood this wet rainy day

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/05/2011 13:10  

if members pay the membership, they can post on whatever they like, and as site staff we are encouraged to keep active, welcoming new members etc,and if you pay the money you have the right to post, and if sat at home and not at work why not ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:16  

Thought that was the whole point of a forum lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 13:19  

hahahahaha ! here we go again as kwaka said

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/05/2011 15:16  

Lol nice to see you back on form shadow lol

But I know what you mean, when you look at the active topics list and there is a long list of posts, all with the same last poster in the list, then when you look what they have posted it's nothing to do with the thread .... But as has been said, they paid the fees so can post.

As for the other ... I agree with Karen, the attendees thread and the chatter thread do both help, and can help a lot of new attendees break the ice and get to know people before they arrive at the camp site so making them one of the croud before they even get there :-)

See ya at camp lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/05/2011 15:19  

We all do it though Shell....Don't we???

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/05/2011 15:26  

Nope Trish, what sf is saying is when you look at the page and the last person who posted in all the topics on that page is the same person ... So you just see one persons name in a long list down the page, and when you look at what they put it's all nothing,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/05/2011 15:31  

Every paid up member can post on any thread as long as it's within the guidelines of the T's & C's.
IMO, the point of having a forum (s) is to provide the 'window' for people to interact as has already been mentioned. Sometimes, and I know that this is the case with me, I really do like to have a bit of banter and see if anyone out there does infact have the same sence of humour as me, on many occasions I know that my random posting have made people smile, even (god forbid) laugh!!! Yes, I am fully aware that random posting can vex some people, but I am also aware that threads can and will be removed when enough is enough. That's what Matt and the MOD's can do and they are all very switched on to how the site works. Having said that, is it so very wrong to bring a smile to someone's otherwise mundane day??? If it is, then 'shoot' me now.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/05/2011 15:45  

If it's you that's posting Trish then all posts are welcome hun lol However, there are certain people who just get on everyone's nerves (me included I suspect) because they feel they have to stick their oar in at every opportunity. Personally I'm sick to death of it all at the moment, but then I don't have to read it if I don't want to. I will happily moderate profiles, answer queries and provide help and assistance where I can, doesn't mean I have to suffer all of the opinionated and ill-informed nonsense on here that seems to thrive 24/7.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 16:07  

well i often post on a load of forums.... thats me... got lots of opinions... got lots to say .... and i cant see that changing any time soon...nor do i want to or others to feel they have to post on free peeps...... hahaha xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 16:08  

Oh, and while we're having a rant, I'd say at least the site isn't as bad as that other well-known social networking site where, just because people have a new iPhone or similar, they think we need to know where they are every hour of the day, what they're eating, who they're with............... who gives a FF! If we wanted to know, we'd ring you up!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 16:10  

V & Suzie. IMO, posting on BM is NOT a popularity contest. Opinions are like a hs, every one of us has one and thank god we have.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/05/2011 16:17  

Well as most of us brum lot are working we dont have much time to worry about our waistline or how many pics we can download we just have time to look down the list of topics and post as we wish so the names will tend to show up as the same all the way down the column

Update Reply
JP @ 30/05/2011 16:58  

How much was that doggy in the window again?

Update Reply
Matt @ 30/05/2011 17:43  

The one with the waggly tail?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 17:45  

I would love a doggy. At least I would come home to someone who was happy to see me : (

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 30/05/2011 17:48  

I'd report ya for that Matt, but ya craftily aint got a report button.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/05/2011 17:54  

Consider him reported Sandi, I'll save him a slap for September

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2011 17:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email