MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Where to get my carbs tuned

Where to get my carbs tuned - Forums [Biker Match] Where to get my carbs tuned - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Where to get my carbs tuned

Hi all, i have just rebuilt the engine on my ER5 - long story but basically i broke it! Anyway i am in Uckfield, East Sussex and need the carbs tuning on the bike as it now seems to flood and drops on to one cylinder on idle. My question is where is recommended in my area to take it to? Being a vehicle technician i am a bit fussy about who works on it as i know some people that are not to good if you know what i mean. Anyway, i am open to suggestions where to take it to get it running sweet again. Cheers, Nick

Update Reply
Nickzamo @ 29/05/2011 23:45  

Err if your a vehicle technician and you rebuilt the engine you will have no problem with setting up the carbs

Update Reply
JP @ 30/05/2011 00:33  

check yoyr float levels ? it'll be in the manual

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 30/05/2011 00:41  

Nick' you have a problem with the floats/needle valves that needs addressing before any tuning.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 30/05/2011 09:28  

Ahh, well see the problem is i am used to fixing cars and trucks - all have fuel injection. When it comes to carbs i get a little lost, and dont have a co meter i can use so thought it best to get it done somewhere incase i muck it up

Update Reply
Nickzamo @ 31/05/2011 00:15  

theyre easyer than fuel injection to work on Nick but if you dont feel confident then your probably rite to take it somewhere i seem to remember Lings were in sussex but i might be confusing that with sufolk !!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 31/05/2011 10:46  

for balancing carbs the kit jp morgan supplies are great. very easy to use. not that expensive either.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2011 14:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email