MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend???

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend??? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend??? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend???

"spending less on food"

Do what???!!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/05/2011 18:16  

I am working on the idea of of a central meet point, say within a coupla hours ride, and everyone bringing a contribution to a picnic. What do you think?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 18:26  

as a kid i used to enjoy picnics with my parents,,,,this can also be used with biking,,,,flasks and sarnies or whatever and meet at places of interest/beauty rather than overcrowded carparks which now cost a fortune only because there's a cafe there....plus most places have a burger van and ice cream van nearby anyway.... To park at whitby for more than an hr was about £4 even more if spending day there...there are ways to cut back so we can afford to fill up with fuel,,,,even on a camping trip take your own booze etc... and before the sports bikers say they have nowhere to carry things,,,,a bag and cargo net is all that is needed....or a smart little tail pack.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 18:29  

why dont we do a fuel protest seeing as we have such Large group ride outs now days lol failing that buy an ellectric bike and ride on the pavements !! . as for fuel reserves running out they've known this for ages which is why they put 6% bio fuel in ALL the fuel we buy allready but they dont pass the savings on oooh no way why do that when they could be fleacing us outa more coin ! incidently if you make your own beer you can distill the by products and make your own ethanol and add to that a little petrol and run yeh bike on that . but to be honest its the event destination that determins where i go not the price of fuel really because if i want to go ill save up for it .

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/05/2011 18:34  

A picnic is a good idea apart from a central point if you look around the site now we have members from all over the uk so how do you get a central point? the events teams have to get more local stuff going and them try and keep big meets to a min.
Will probly anoy a few KISS RALLY events team now but there WILL be cash prize for the longest trip based on your ip address this will be worked out by Matt on the sat night jp

Update Reply
JP @ 23/05/2011 19:25  

Well that'll be easy - Matt'll win lol!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 19:34  

Haha that's news to me jp, but I'm happy with it..how much do I win?

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/05/2011 19:37  

Sounds good jp 500 pounds i hear

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:05  

Sorry Matt you and any other site staff cant enter. Dont know how much till we have sold all the tickets so you lot best get buying them so we can tell you how much you could win

Update Reply
JP @ 23/05/2011 20:08  

the more fuel = more miles = more smiles....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:15  

I'm sure Matt would like to make a contribution by way of prize money or other gift for the further travelled to HIS first BM Rally ......not sure I can run fast enough now lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:27  

BM

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:37  

Yea u better run! lol. It's actually not possible. I only know if an IP is based in the UK or another country. i don't have access to exactly where an IP is. The data also isn't available because your ISP might be registered in London yet you might live in Scotland, the data isn't readily available (not to me anyhow). Postcodes in profiles can be updated manually also so I can't use that. Sorry but don't think that idea will work, wish it would.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/05/2011 20:50  

Perhaps if they are travelling a significant distance they could bring an up to date bill/letter or something as proof of address? Would be a shame to scrap the idea completely. ..........still running

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:57  

Boss Mom runnin

Update Reply
JP @ 23/05/2011 20:57  

Only one black eye? Has one of them fell off?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 20:58  

Matt need new Emoticon

Update Reply
JP @ 23/05/2011 21:00  

You cant do it from where they live .... if they have to go via somewhere to pick someone up, you have to include that mileage. Also it has to be in the one day ........ its not fair if they stop off for the night before arriving. (Says a man who travelled to a rally in Hastings and lost to man from Scotland who had broke his journey in Birmingham the night before )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 22:31  

Cheers for all the input folks, its useful to know what folk want when planning stuff.

Yep Bill its a logicstic nightmare but hey i have folk to rant at when its hard going (thanks Ken lol)

Picnic is a fab idea, XK great minds think alike :)

As for Boss Mom running .................... i refuse to comment on the grounds that when she slaps it hurts !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/05/2011 00:20  

missed that

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 24/05/2011 00:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email