MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend???

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend??? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend??? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Does the cost of fuel affect what events you attend???

Sf cant do it that way as you will just get well I had to go from birmingham via cornwall and scotland due to picking up a pastie and a hagis and that is not the idea its just to help out with fuel cost to someone like the guy who came to the cristmas party from abberdeen but as Matt said he cant work out the mileage we are working on another way of finding out

Update Reply
JP @ 24/05/2011 04:20  

I've lost count of the people who ask me what MPG I get from my bike but I do know they were all surprised to find out I have not got a clue! I know how far I can get on a tankful depending on speeds,types of roads etc.If I was going to worry about fuel consumption,I would have bought a moped. I always work on the assumption that if it has wheels or wears a skirt,it will cost you plenty so that when your wallet IS emptied,it's no surprise!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 24/05/2011 04:45  

One thing that may help with the fuel costs is if members in diff areas posted their local average fuel prices .I'm in Wolverhampton and recently collected a bike from the south coast.I stopped part way home to fill up paying nearly 10p per litre more for the price of my fuel than at home.If when runs are posted maybe folk in areas along the run could post local fuel costs whether they are attending or not.It could save folk a fair amount on a long trip then by picking and choosing at what point along the run and in which area they refuel.

Just an idea..................

Also again on fuel costs,has anyone themselves done a comparison on standard against the super unleaded fuel? I've heard that although more expensive more mpg is achieved by using the more expensive grade.Whether that covers its extra expense I'm unsure ,anyone tested the theory ?

Mark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 05:12  

I've got more mpg using posh diesel in the car, BUT that on the motorway using cruise control. It's not huge amount on a full tank and as filling a bike tank costs about a quarter of the car and you ride a lot different on a bike, I think its a bit of a con.

As someone said, I just think of how many miles to the tank, rather than mpg, and the price it costs, although the bike has a. computer that tells me I average 45mpg ish on my own with no gear on.

Back to longest distance, at rallies its a case of trust, if you are going to do a big brother and someone works it out for you, it will pee people off, what are you going to use, google maps, autoroute? That's apart from the hassle of actually doing it.

For me travel is measured in time rather than distance, not worth the effort of warming the bike up if its only 45-60 mins round trip, but if its more than 3 hours each way in one day, then no

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 07:36  

Thanks for all your comments folks and it has shown that folk are as different as day and night, but some folk would appreciate a shorter ride out, even if its just to get them out teh house for a while :)

So with this in mind if you have any local ideas for your area contact the events team who will assist you in anyway they can (blimey that sounded posh !!!)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/05/2011 09:57  

well,posh for dudley anyway!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 25/05/2011 01:41  

oi you just cos ur getting wed lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/05/2011 10:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email