MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride to the wall - 01 October

Ride to the wall - 01 October - Forums [Biker Match]  Ride to the wall - 01 October - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride to the wall - 01 October

Is there anyone from the Rugby / Coventry area who would like to meet up to do this ride? I've ridden to the Memorial myself to pay my respects to former colleagues but never on this ride. PM me or show your interest in the thread. Cheers Alan

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 15/05/2011 21:40  

brill rideout this, I have ridden it as pilly once and attended last year on crutches, one year I will ride it in my own right

Update Reply
drobess @ 15/05/2011 21:50  

Yeah, i would be up to doing this, count me in

Update Reply
Pilly tart @ 16/05/2011 07:59  

I'm doing this one this year hopefully, already booked childcare!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 09:12  

My first time for this last year,,,i camped the 2 days at draton manor where they put on entertainment and food stall,,,,it was my best weekend ever , although an emotional day,, will be camping again this year,,,think registrations will be starting late june/early july ??? plus different starting points this year,,,all on the RTTW web site !! A great day for a great cause !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 09:13  

I'm childcare lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2011 09:31  

I missed it last year but def doing it this it's just up the road from me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 12:51  

may well be up for this one too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 13:00  

Tis true that they have changed the schedule for this year, only a limited number of bikes will be leaving from Drayton Manor, folk camping overnight are some of the chosen few :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2011 14:43  

Sounds good to me! Will just need to remind myself nearer to the time!! :-)

Update Reply
RobL @ 16/05/2011 14:47  

Just looked through the message I received from RTTW ages ago (oops) and I'm not sure now whether I will be doing this one because the start points are not great for me: M1 (Northbound) - Leicester Forest East Services M1 (Southbound) Woodall Services M1 (Northbound) Northampton Services M6 (Southbound) Sandbach Services M5 (Northbound) Strensham Services M40 (Northbound) Cherwell Valley Services Drayton Manor Park, Staffs The only way you can leave from Drayton Manor is if you camp and you are one of the first 850 to ask for a ticket.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 16:13  

Close your eyes and pick one at random lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2011 16:14  

I noticed that on the web site Boss Mom. can we not jsut do a BM get together and then tag along behind one of them? Or is that not allowed?

Update Reply
RobL @ 16/05/2011 16:21  

Rob a BM meet and ride is a great idea :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/05/2011 16:44  

did the last one and it was a great day, didnt camp, just left bloody early. Will defo be doing this one this year, tho still confuzaled at the start points lol

as an ex service member myself, its an emotional day for sure. reminds me... must dig out me beret

Update Reply
mechy66 @ 16/05/2011 17:24  

I'll try getting in touch with them and see what their thoughts are on a group of us joining the ride en route. Watch this space

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2011 17:55  

Go go Boss Mom!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 16/05/2011 18:04  

Dont you just love it when shes womanly lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/05/2011 09:16  

Right, this is the reply I got from the man: "you can still ride from Drayton Manor, its just that you need to pre book as there is a limited number of spaces (850 bikes). When the booking page opens on the website, not too long now i hope, you will be asked to nominate the route you will be using, the DM option will be there untill the cut off point is reached and then you will need to choose another.If you decide to join in along one of the routes could i ask you to book for the route you will be joining so that we can get an idea of the volume of bikes we will be dealing with for our overall planing.Many thanks, look forward to seeing you on the day" I still intend to ride from Drayton Manor on that basis. As soon as I see the registration opened on the website I will post on here and it will be up to folk to get in asap. I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to block book and as there is a fee payable it would be a bit of a nightmare anyone paying me up front just in case we didn't then get the places.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2011 11:40  

Maybe somebody could block book 6 spaces and then let folk on here know first come first served lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/05/2011 11:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email