MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Submissions for the Events Calendar

Submissions for the Events Calendar - Forums [Biker Match] Submissions for the Events Calendar - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Submissions for the Events Calendar

Hi Everyfolk Just recently I've been getting a few VENUES submitted for inclusion onto the calendar, unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar. If you would like to publicise, or recommend, a biker-friendly venue then the forum is the place for it, not the event calendar. Thanks for your contributions, they are welcome just not in the calendar. Sandi

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 22:39  

What about weekly biking meet ups at a venue ? after all nothings happening just its biker night each week.

Like the Vic every Thursday ... thats on the calender

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 22:49  

Recurring events were added by Matt at the request of a member who said there were BM members going. Even if BM members don't attend, it's still an EVENT.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 22:54  

So a venue that has a weekly bikers meeting can go as an event ? and even as a reoccurring event ?

Sorry just clarifying what is & is not acceptable

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 23:00  

it was proberly me , ( knuckles rapped again lol) submitted 3 do`s and only one went to the events page ........ SorRy

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 11/05/2011 23:07  

Thats what I am trying to clarify Mic ... if its a do, at a venue, & BM members going ... then its an event from what Sandi just said

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 23:09  

So a venue that has a weekly bikers meeting can go as an event ? and even as a reoccurring event ? Yes, it's an EVENT. All I am saying is a venue that isn't having an event won't be added. It's a CALENDAR, for events to be added. To submit a venue without an actual event upcoming means I have to be a mind reader to know what is taking place there, and if nothing is taking place then there's no reason for it to be on the calendar.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 23:17  

I thought mind-reading was a pre-requisite of Bikermatch staff, or is that just women in general lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2011 23:25  

But ... what I am saying is, just a, heres a good bikers pub some of us fancy having a meet up there ... by its nature (ie the Vic's & Bassets pole weekly meets) makes it an event ... even tho there is nothing else going on ...

You said

unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar.

The Vic is just a weekly bikers night, as is Bassets pole on a Tuesday.

They are even listed in events as :---

Bassetts Pole (Brewers Fayre)

Bike night every Tuesday.

Situated on the corner of the A38 and A446.

On a warm night this venue can easily have a couple of thousand bikers from all around, but be aware that there is nearly always a police presence and spot checks are not unusual.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 23:27  

LOL BM Shell, both are events, events are what the calendar requires, not just the name of a place and nothing happening. A calendar is for events I can't think of another way to explain it to you. Now you are just being pedantic Shell, all events have a venue. I think I've made myself clear, or at least I've tried to.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2011 23:37  

SO ...let me see if this is clearer, I think what your trying to say

When submitting an event , or a venue for meeting up, ie weekly bike meet ... Please be sure that you enter a description of what is going on in the Description/Details of event box do not leave it blank ... as if there is no description it will not be entered into the calender

IE

Description/Details of event Johnsmiths pub is having a bikers night and some of us will be meeting up
Lots of bikes & parking available, people usually arriving about 8pm food also available

Also if its a regular event there then people should say what day it is on ?

without the description it wont go on ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/05/2011 23:44  

Think Im going back to bed and starting the day all over again

Update Reply
JP @ 12/05/2011 04:16  

you could have put the kettle on for me JP

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 12/05/2011 07:30  

Jings! it must go with the hormones. wtf!!!

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 12/05/2011 09:20  

Ooh, Scotland the Brave there Jacko lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 09:37  

Yea pet, school yard stuff isn't it

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 12/05/2011 10:00  

is there a problem if the vic weekly meet is on events ? is a established bike meet, week in week out, it welcomes bikers to stay over, and always a welcome from fellow bikers, does it really matter, i thought we are trying to get meets for our members more popular, and it was me who put up the meet at the vic as asked by matt ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 11:27  

Sandi, I don't get why this topic come about....nobody is just adding the name of a venue are they?

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/05/2011 11:47  

Sandie's original post stated : unless the venue is accompanied by an actual event it won't be added to the event calendar.

If you would like to publicise, or recommend, a biker-friendly venue then the forum is the place for it, not the event calendar.

What I was saying is that surely a weekly venue IS an event when members are going, or when members are trying to get others to meet up there, just because there is not a band playing, or a ride out taking place, its still an event ... the Vic & Bassets pole were just as a 'for example' as in the descriptions it refers to them being a VENUE not event

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/05/2011 11:50  

youve lost me shell lmao ... hello by the way !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2011 11:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email