MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Server problem this weekend

Server problem this weekend - Forums [Biker Match] Server problem this weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Server problem this weekend

Sorry to say that we might have a major server problem. I might even have made it worse. Really worried and my heart keeps skipping a dozen beats. Running on backup server now. I think my weekend (at least) has just been ruined

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 16:00  

Big Hammer and poke with screw driver

Update Reply
JP @ 22/04/2011 16:12  

I might even have made it worse. Clumsy lad, stop fiddlin' lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/04/2011 16:48  

Theres 2 drives in case 1 fails..1 is failing and I think the good one might have just become corrupted. Kinda by me in the process of fixing the broken one.

Please cross ur fingers for me.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 16:52  

I wotn eb albe ot ypte if I do

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/04/2011 16:56  

lol good try though. Main server back online now but I think it's corrupt. Running on main server now while it tries to rebuild the GOOD disk from the BAD disk. Already had 13 warnings/errors but I hope it continues and rebuilds ok. 4 more hours remaining, then I'll try to copy the main server to a new hard drive group (RAID) and see what happens.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 17:34  

Gonna be bouncing the server a lot over the next couple of hours so I apologise in advance for all the downtime. Sorry but I can't help it, desperately trying to save the server

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 19:42  

It's dead :-( Wont start up

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 19:54  

If anyone can get it going,you can....things always go wrong at holiday times!! You are doing your level best Matt, please don't stress too much?? X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2011 20:43  

Please can I ask people NOT to use BikerMatch this weekend unless absolutely necessary? We're in total crisis, catastrophic failure! I even smoked a cigarette for God's sake!! ME!

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 21:33  

ah soz to hear this matt.... darn viruses there is too many idiots out there... hope you get it sorted soon chuck and im sure im not the only one who mucho appreciates all your doin to save it...... got all me bits crossed for ya x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2011 22:49  

i wish it was a virus! Server hardware failed during backup... causing me to lose server AND backup! Now all I have is a backup from May last year on DVDs but I don't even know if that's gonna work now

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2011 22:53  

Main server back online from an old backup. Gotta check/rebuild/repair it before moving the sites back onto it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 00:06  

Matt , I guess it's times like these that we get to fully appreciate what your up against ! H ere's hoping it will be resolved and all the best HB x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 23/04/2011 00:44  

yea thanks. Does anyone know how to retrieve the IIS config from the file system and registry without being able to boot into the OS?

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 00:56  

3am and still nowhere near finished. :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 01:43  

So what have I learnt? That cigarettes do NOT help when you're panicking and stressing. Really don't know how people smoke and enjoy it, it sucks. Also learnt that having a good mate to talk to me and keep me calm has helped save the day. I was freaking out! Starting to look a bit better now. Got an old (1 year old) backup restored. Rebuilding the RAID now. Need to rebuild the config on this backup as it's way out of date. Upgrade mail service, apply updates to Windows, install new security software etc. I don't see any sleep for me tonight

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 02:31  

Back on the main server now, it's not fully repaired though so I'm not holding my breath now. Gotta leave the RAID rebuild going for a few hours. Gonna try to get some kip. Mods - please phone me if the site goes down. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 02:39  

Please feel free to use the server normally now. It will run a bit slow for the rest of the weekend I think (70% of resources dedicated to rebuilding the data and checking integrity)

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2011 02:59  

Matt you are a genius. Be lost without BM. Huge hugs coming your way.(((((Matt)))))

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2011 07:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email