MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Server problem this weekend

Server problem this weekend (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Server problem this weekend (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Server problem this weekend

Been on site a couple of hours and no problems, apart from a numb bum.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2011 17:07  

All working great Matt. Well done that man!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 27/04/2011 08:28  

so I've created a new script that will monitor the site for any pages that take more than 1 second to generate (not including the time it takes to send to your PC, as that depends on YOUR internet connection, not the server). If it takes more than 1 second to load the page then it willl log the page, your ID, time, date, etc and how long it took. Hopefully that will help me out. Again please let me know if you see errors popping up. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 11:57  

So far so good. No page has taken more than 2 seconds to run. And only 28 times has a page taken more than 1 second to generate (which is more than acceptable).

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 15:23  

getting geeeky Matt!! :-)

Update Reply
RobL @ 27/04/2011 15:25  

Yea it was me that just took the site down lol. Will happen again in an hour or so too

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 15:58  

Errr..... think I just suffered an issue! Could not get to site and a page just took 24 seconds to generate!

Update Reply
RobL @ 27/04/2011 15:58  

read post above yours :-D I'm applying some .net updates and needed to reboot the server. Running on backup server now. Also making a ghost image of the main server for next hour (so it's offline)

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 16:05  

back on main server now. I've gotta do some more things before I make an image. Gonna go to the gym for an hour or two then continue later. I'm quite confident (touch wood) that everything is quite healthy at the moment (really touching anything wooden i can find right now)

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 16:27  

Ok back onto the backup server. Folks please try to use the site as little as possible tonight while on the backup server, it's not very powerful and is only to maintain the site online - not to server pages at lightspeed like the main server. I'll let you know (here) when back on the main server. Try to avoid using the chatroom if possible. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 20:05  

All the server problems that I can find have now been fixed. The main server is restored and BM is running at full speed again. A complete backup image of the main server has just been made and will be kept off-site in case of another future emergency. Thank-you all so much for your patience. And again, please let me know if you have any problems or errors popping up

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/04/2011 21:05  

Well Done Matt and some people think you don't do anything...shame on them !

Update Reply
Karey @ 27/04/2011 21:09  

Well done matt.

Hope the bald spots on your head grow back in soon.

Update Reply
Rhidragon @ 27/04/2011 21:12  

Bald spots yea.... I've also broken out in a face full of spots! Not had spots like this since I was a teenager. Big bubbles all over my bloody head. Server is looking sweet though. Not 1 single page has taken over 1 second to load since yesterday evening. Not one database transaction has taken over 2 seconds to complete (except backup jobs etc). I'm pretty chuffed :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/04/2011 08:24  

And so you should be!! Good work that man. Maybe you can have a weekend off this time round!! :-)

Update Reply
RobL @ 28/04/2011 09:06  

hope so, and hope these spots clear up by then. I'm covered in them. Stress bubbles all over my forehead. God dammit. This weekend is festival time here in Holland too, so we're going to some big street parties.

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/04/2011 12:00  

everything ok still folks? According to my logs there's not a single page been slow in 24 hours, I'm chuffed to bits - gonna be a good weekend now lol. Touch wood again!

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/04/2011 21:47  

All looking good to me Matt!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 28/04/2011 22:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email