MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Whitby ride out 22nd May

Whitby ride out 22nd May  (13) - Forums [Biker Match] Whitby ride out 22nd May  (13) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Whitby ride out 22nd May

Wind? You call that a wind? Wait til tomorra!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 22:59  

great ride, great roads and good company what else can you say look forward to the next one

Update Reply
Jaffa @ 22/05/2011 23:19  

Well it sounds like you had an intresting day but how the hell did you end up on chimney bank, two people had posted on here that it was closed. I road up there last Sunday to check it out and saw there were big signs as you leave Huton- le-Hole telling you the Bank road was closed that' why I said to go through Lastingham, so all I can say is sorry, but I new xk was meeting you and did't think he would let you go up there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/05/2011 03:39  

Hmm, you just can't tell some folks can you Bill,.. I looked at the event pics and saw the one with the big blue sign in the background, hmm, I know where that is,.. they can't have gone down it,...... they have!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 23/05/2011 07:01  

To be fair, two groups turned up at Whitby and at different times, so I'm guessing that not everyone went down the chimney?

Also, it is possible that any temporary signs could have blown down. Saying that, the blue permanent signage wouldn't have and as Bill said, the closure was well posted.

Everyone got there ok eventually, so all's well in the end. (snigger ... sorry!)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/05/2011 07:10  

Well, if there were any signs, no one saw them till the one half way down the final drop to the bottom, so i'm guessing there weren't any that day. I certainly didn't see any. Big blue sign was just the one in the pic going back up i think.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 07:28  

Er,what about the 3 diversion signs as we turned up the chimney bank road that showed diversions for rosedale, but some fun was had out of it as the photos show.

Update Reply
YID @ 23/05/2011 07:47  

Thanks for the ice creams pannman by the way..nutkin missed the ice creams lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 08:06  

Thanks YID new they were there last week and they were big enough and ease enough to see, shame you did't stop them and say some thing but then again it sounds like you must of had much more fun doing what.you.did than you would if you had took the diversion. By the way did you still go by Rose Dale and Egton Bridge?

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/05/2011 09:37  

Great day out, interesting roads and great friends.

Great 1st actual bm ride out for me :D

Thanks Shoei for taking me.

photo's posted soon.

Update Reply
Rhidragon @ 23/05/2011 09:41  

Well as the takeover of the ride was done last min it wasnt recalled about the bridge being out lol and tho there was diversions signs ... it didnt say why the diversion hehehh but it was all fun and yes EVERYONE did the ride down, turn round & ride back.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/05/2011 10:22  

Glad you all had a fab time, loving the pics too Nuts got tonnes of ice creams to catch up with, plus the feeding frenzy you promised me ages ago Clinton

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 23/05/2011 10:58  

Guilty Mlud! Take him down! I must admit that I missed the fact that we had been warned in the thread about the bottom of chimney bank, but it was a last-minute thing! Bill - next time you fall off ladders, give us a bit more notice The problem with diversion signs is that they're great for the locals, but if you don't know the road, and therefore don't know what to look for, and what the the diversion is on about, and the people who do know are at the back on a single track road, we end up with a - good practice for all concerned - double trip down/up chimney bank! Personally, I can see the funny side of it, and had fun. As for people arriving in two groups at Whitby, this was by arrangement of "When we get to the main road, we won't all get out at once, so we'll see you in Whitby". Yid... Brill piece of traffic control at the A19-A64 junction. Much appreciated. Shell... <Len Goodman voice on> "Sevennnnnnnn" </voice off> Till the next one folks

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 23/05/2011 13:27  

Thank you darling, but I am still waiting for sweep's score for artistic interpretation, he has already given me a 10 for not ending up on my ass lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/05/2011 13:36  

Ha with the ice cream tracey..i was all set to get you your lunch too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2011 15:39  

Sorry Ian I should of warned you about the bridge the main thing is you are all safe

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/05/2011 16:18  

We caught up with everyone in Whitby having left too late to meet at Squires. The ride from Squires to Whitby sounded funny to me, wish I'd of been there, would have had me giggling all day long (the bridge thing that is, not Shell wobbling over the cattle grid). Was good to see so many new faces

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 23/05/2011 23:00  

Well, i found it amusing lol! And i know i'm fairly new to it all too, but there were plenty of familiar faces there, and lots of new one, some who were on their first ride out that i spent a bit more time with too. Top day!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2011 18:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email