MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Whitby ride out 22nd May

Whitby ride out 22nd May  (12) - Forums [Biker Match] Whitby ride out 22nd May  (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Whitby ride out 22nd May

Well, I had a fab time!
Wind nearly as good as barmouth, lotsa good roads, getting lost, dead ends, familiar faces, new faces , chips n curry, 2 wheels - joyous!
What more could ya' ask for a sunny sunday!
Incriminating pics to follow lol, and sorry Kaz, but it's gotta be done!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 18:35  

Well we decided last min this morning that we'd go as far as Hutton-le-Hole so set off at 10.30am. Enjoyed our hour long stop with XK apart from getting a thrashing from hail stones! After everyone departed we hung around for another 15 mins debating what to do and decided we'd double back and go the longer faster route to Whitby after all for some fish and chips. Nice to catch up with those who we did.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 22/05/2011 18:35  

Wonders if i can mek a submarine on two wheels. Still did'nt spoil a good ride with the lads from Northumbria.Nice to see you ole codgers,oh sorry Bill see you wern't there.Hear you climb a ladder like i ride a bike....Lmao,nice one marra Get well soon ya daft bugga!

Update Reply
ledd777 @ 22/05/2011 19:01  

Nice day out from my part. Not so keen on the almost dirt track roads but, maybe it's an excuse to buy an enduro or something!

Good to meet you guys. Hopefully see you out again sometime. :)

Run back over A169 was eventful! Must have been gusting 60mph @ Fylingdales/Pickering! :O

Almost the youngest there! Lol! :P

Update Reply
S24_SDJ @ 22/05/2011 19:14  

Good ride out & we all managed to get to Whitby together, and *ahem* in one piece, sorry for the scare Sweet, I still dont know how I kept it together lol I now hurt like hell, I think after my narrow escape on the cattle grid I didn't ride as fluid as normal, long hot bath needed I think

The route we followed was the one that Bill had planned so thanks to Bill for that, but big thanks to Ian for making sure my sat nav had the same route as his in it so when we did have to stop we knew where he had gone.

It was great to see the new members that came, even better to know that you enjoyed your day.

Once again it was great to see everyone, old, new & even older that havnt been about for a while

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/05/2011 19:20  

Yep, more than a few interesting moments! Very very windy indeed!
Enjoy your bath Shell lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 19:29  

Interesting moment .. lmao thats one way to describe it , not the way I would have, scary is how I would describe it .. I can laugh now tho

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/05/2011 19:35  

Thanks Shell and sandi a windy but great day out. and had I not gone I probably not of done anything today. Nice to meet people in person too

Stiff neck now ! lol

Update Reply
jon68 @ 22/05/2011 19:39  

Just got home! Had a brilliant ride out.. tho I'm not sure about chimney bank.. 1:3 downward hill with 2 scarey hairpins...then getting to the bottom to find out the road ahead was closed, so a very dodgy 2 point turn that turn into 3 point push in reverse (thanks Shell) before a scarey ride back up again...lol and Kwakarider............photos?? You grrrrrr haha The ride back to Squires was ''eventful' too...VERY windy .. me and zig were doing a Salsa on them there roads...and yes I'm aching too! lol Ziggy has blown a gasket and needs a new spark plug and the carbs cleaning, so I've been told...(thanks Sweep! lol) He sounds like a Harley at the moment...bless him! lol Great to meet new faces, and people I've talked to but not yet met, as well as the usual suspects Had a good night camping at Squires on Saturday night, met up with Skinny Lady and Pete and a couple of others, who were camping too, on their way back from Scotland. Bill... gutted you couldn't make it hun.. and was shocked to hear about your fall...big hugs to you and all the best, I hope you're not in too much pain and are back on the blade soon xxxx Thanks Ian and Shell and Xk and HarryHonda for sorting out the journeys today. Another great day out with great mates

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/05/2011 20:06  

Lol, just the one, and now we know who's ass is on the pic pushing you up the hill!
More pics please Shell!

And what happened to nuts, she didn't arrive did she??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:12  

good ride out...agree with Karey..chimney bank was very interesting up and down...lol.....battled the wind over the top of the moors and all the way home....interesting route Ian...lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:19  

sorry guys couldnt make it today. hope you all had a fab ride out x

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 22/05/2011 20:20  

Had a great time but very windy.Was nice to meet up with members,and seeing familiar faces.Many thanks to everyone for this ride out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:24  

Graham .. notice you stood taking pics instead of offering to HELP !!

Nope Nut didnt make it, she did text me last night

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/05/2011 20:25  

Hey, i was helping people who got further down the hill ! Ask jemima and bloke with chunky red kawasaki

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:32  

A great day n i have a burt face from the sun lol..Great chatting and meeting up with you all again too.. KW hope you got home safe too..I red lined it home today:)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2011 20:45  

Glad you all home safe...that wind has been horrendous

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/05/2011 20:49  

all am gunna say is great to see ya all xxxxxx

Update Reply
nina @ 22/05/2011 21:04  

had a great day. some 'interesting' roads. wind didn't seem as bad after leaving squires or maybe I had got used to bankig it over on the straights

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 22/05/2011 21:04  

Glad to hear you back safe and sound Shell, handy of you to stop near a gents when you had your moment! ;)

Update Reply
YID @ 22/05/2011 22:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email