MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

I agree with Mandi Jay, not bothered with who got the upper hand, it makes for a better season, I hope we get more incident packed races. All the fallers played into Lorenzos' hands. Stoner has a month to get it out of his system, he needs to accept it has a racing incident and let it go. Must be silly season at the moment off the track in Moto GP and WsB, Stoner/Rossi & Biaggi/Melandri.

Update Reply
triple1 @ 04/04/2011 21:23  

well ive watched it a few times now and the marshalls helped both of them.... they then all ran to help vale so im guessing the thougth that stoner had his bike going but vale didnt... who knows... i cant believe the after comments moaner stoner has made that Vale only went to say sorry coz of the cameras and Vale didnt really mean it at all.... i think he did mean sorry as he is a professional racer.. he has been around just a tad!! but he also knows how to play the popularity card and bloody well done i say... maybe moaner should take a leaf out of Vale's book then some peeps might actually like him !!!! i thought he was taking it well till i watched it back and then read after comments.... all i can say is Come on Vale.... he moved up from 12 on grid to was it 5?? before crashing out... now that is freckin good and its a shame he lost it coz it would have been a good race between them.... plenty more to come..... bring it on and also id just like to add... vale was trapped under his bike.... with stoner's pushing up his leg... and what was first thing stoner did.... grab his bike to ride off not see if Vale was ok... so all's fair in love and war.... deal with it...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2011 21:42  

And what would all you Rossi fans say if Stoner knocked rossi off ? oh yes i know. dont think it would be deal with it.

Update Reply
ayjay @ 04/04/2011 21:52  

we would call him of course what do you expect!!! but i think Vale would play teh media card a lot better..... if stoner learnt to keep his moaning to himself he would do himself a lot of favours
Stoner is a brilliant rider, but he doesnt like to race shoulder to shoulder, he never has, he likes to romp off from the start and just stay in front which is cool but to be a good racer you also need to race it shoulder to shoulder and battle things out ... which he has complained about before also...... hence "moaner stoner".... wont deny he can ride.... just dont like the fella moaning and winging...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2011 22:00  

Rossi: “I'm very sorry.”Stoner: “No problem.”

Update Reply
ayjay @ 04/04/2011 22:11  

i know i agree totally Ayjay and i thought wow casey has really gone up in my books - he has grown up woo nice one fair play ... but then... I read the post race day comments on teh moto gp official website..... and off casey went again................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2011 22:20  

well said suzi :-) rossi puts his hands up if he's made a mistake. If its his fault he's the first to admit it. He's also a master at playing the media card. So who's come off best from Sunday's antics. The racer who's fetched another rider off, or the racer that was fetched off. Oh and that sarkey smile on stoners face, he thought about what he was going to say. Cus he knew that Rossi would come and say sorry. I rest my case m'lord :-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 04/04/2011 22:23  

Casey Stoner was prepared to accept that Valentino Rossi made a racing mistake at Jerez on Sunday - when the Italian crashed while trying to overtake the Australian, bringing them both down - but felt the reaction of the marshals was out of order.While Rossi was able to rejoin and ultimately finish fifth Stoner, second behind Marco Simoncelli at the time of the accident, felt he didn't get enough assistance from the marshals to try and bump-start his factory Honda. Stoner had stopped the engine when he fell to avoid damage.The Australian, winner from pole at round one in Qatar and also on pole at Jerez, was thus forced to retire, also costing him the world championship lead."I heard Valentino arriving and I wasn't worried about anyone passing me at that point in the race so I gave him plenty of room,” said Stoner. "It was a racing incident and there's not much we can do, what is more frustrating is the reaction of the stewards and their assistance for Valentino and not for me, it was unbelievable."Interestingly, Marco Simoncelli made similar complaints about the marshals after crashing out of the lead, also at turn one, on lap 12."The most frustrating thing about today though was that I got no help at all from the marshals, unlike other riders today," said Simoncelli. "The bike was okay and if I could have had some help I am sure I could have still had a good race."San Carlo Honda Gresini team manager Fausto Gresini added: "The thing I am most annoyed about is the way [Marco] didn't get any help from the marshals, which was given to others! I don't want to get involved in controversy but I think there should be a criteria of equality for all riders."Nite suzi

Update Reply
ayjay @ 04/04/2011 22:28  

that aitn the bit im on about night Ayjay - you love stoner i dont we agree to differ mate..... no problemo...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2011 22:33  

Just out of interest, i found this on another site. It may just clear a few things up on this matter. http://www.caseystoner.co.uk/

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 07/04/2011 01:48  

Sometimes truth hurts eh?

Update Reply
ayjay @ 07/04/2011 20:06  

Well I am on Stoners side on this one Rossi was in the wrong I am supprised that Stoner even talked to him

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/04/2011 04:41  

From ayjays post. Rossi: “I'm very sorry.”Stoner: “No problem.” Well there obviously was!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 09/04/2011 10:34  

and he clearly wasnt!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2011 14:31  

pmsl weirdoraptor

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2011 15:26  

two great riders and sportsmen, i still feel when it comes to motoracing there the most skilled, 150-200mph with the bike sideways smoking the back tyre......awesome !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2011 15:34  

tis crazy aint it ian bt also i think the road racers (ie isle of man, northwest 200, st georges mount etc) are the bravest or insanest and just take your breath away as they have no kitty litter only stone walls and houses to run off into

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/04/2011 18:05  

What would make you think Rossi wasn't sorry Mandy? I'm not saying he was of course, everytime we go out on track we accept that is the potential outcome, therefore can any of us be genuinely sorry? I've never taken anyone out, but that's more luck than judgement! Personally if someone didn't acknowledge they'd screwed up I wouldn't be too happy and likewise if an apology was accepted and if Stoner did slap him on his shoulder I think that's out of order.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 10/04/2011 08:49  

he said the words but i'm questioning his sincerity - a tad convenient that the cameras were there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2011 17:22  

Understand that Mandy but from what I see that is pure speculation. In addition these two were "race-mates" last season, so what's changed? And what of the points he gave away to Lorenzo and Pedrosa, surely two people that he would have been concerned about? I don't wish to appear as if I'm sticking up for Rossi, but he was in the wrong and was big enough to apologise, it seems as if Stoners sincerity was definitely fake and Rossis the subject of speculation.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 10/04/2011 17:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email