MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Stoners comment to Rossi - Jerez MotoGP

if stoner was fake he wouldve played the rossi media game and thats something stoner has never done well! how were stoner and rossi race mates?? after rossis dodgy maneouvre on stoner at laguna a couple of years ago, i dont think there ws ever a chance of them beng race mates!! you dont need to stick up for rossi as everyone and his dog seems to do that - as i say he plays the meda game to perfection!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2011 19:21  

Seen the race 46 fan, it is a race and sh... happens, i dont blame rossi [the wee dik lol] good on the ones that finished and to rossi for gaining ground twice in those conditions. ps wont swap stoner on my fantacy r race, also the threats still there with larenzo.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/04/2011 20:32  

I fail to see how "no problem" and the shoulder incident at the very least equates to genuine. Their body language on the cool-down laps suggested race-mates. So nothing Rossi does is genuine, he's just playing the media card then? Everyone that takes to the track accepts others will make mistakes/miscalculations, sure Rossi is tough, so is Lorenzo IMO they're not going to back off just coz it upsets Stoner.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 10/04/2011 21:16  

Just a racing incident. Who cares what happens with the media circus. Its a bit like a soap opera. Hand bags at 3 paces.
Rossi always has had the upper hand, with mind games and media pleasing.
Stoner just comes across as a whinger.
But they both should be bloody thankful that there where they are. Both great riders. Both have had a lot of money thrown at them and people in high places to make sure that there race career got off to a flying start.
I find club racing just as good as the GP, WSB circus. They do it with there own hard earned cash

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 10/04/2011 23:41  

saw rossi up close a few years back turn it on and off like flicking a switch when there were cameras/mics around, and he wasnt particlularly genuine then. i accept that it was a racing incident 100%, and wouldnt want anyone to back off - i'm loving that the newer generation arent backing off - but what is a little frustrating, speaking as a, believe it or not, impartial onlooker, is that if roles were reversed the valenteenyboppers would be up in arms!!! xxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2011 00:03  

I have worked in the paddock of Moto GP and seen Rossi for myself close up and a lot of the other Riders.
Stoner generally is hardly ever seen in the pits, Rossi on the other hand is more approachable.
I think the problem is more of the fans putting him on a pedestal.

Update Reply
acrazybiker @ 11/04/2011 00:27  

i agree with that re fans putting rossi on pedestal, but can only form my opinion based on my own experiences xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2011 08:19  

If Stacey was as good as he thinks he is, he should of just dealt with it like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-T3GlSFDo0&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 12/04/2011 13:07  

as good as he thinks he is?? - what he only thinks hes a former world champ and multiple race winner on a bike that no one else has been able to ride!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 19:29  

Yep, a former world champ (and VR isn't ?), multiple winner (as many others on the grid are), on a bike no others have been able to ride (I think the pay packet helped and Yamaha were the same before Rossi signed).
Whatever way you cut it, Stacey is still too full of his own self importance, and his continuing reactions to racing incidents unveils the true character of the guy. He really needs a seriously good PR guy/girl to sort him out. Although judging by his attitude, they could well be flogging a dead horse.

The spoilt brat persona, is none too flattering no matter how many races he's won.
It kinda reminds me of the Fogarty/Slight days.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 12/04/2011 21:29  

when did i suggest vr wasnt a former world champ?? how did the pay packet help stoners ability to ride the ducati where others failed?? you make reference to his reactions to racing incidents revealing his true character and then say he needs a good pr guy/girl - does this mean you would prefer to see fake character as opposed to true character?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 22:31  

Maybe for next season 2012. We can change the rules. All bikes, apart from Vales/the goat/ messiah....sorry, will be required to run with, fairing mounted rear view mirrors. That way when Vale/the goat/messiah, feels the need of "pooosh arder". All the nasty unworthy, other riders, can jolly well move out of said, vale/goat/messiahs way. Thus hopefully eliminating any collisions or impeding vale/goat/ messiahs progress.

He will then win another title. Keeping all the yellow T shirrted number 46 wearing, media victims happy.

GO GET HIM CASEY HE'S THERE FOR THE TAKING !!!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 12/04/2011 22:32  

problem solved!!!!! xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 22:41  

'GO GET HIM CASEY HE'S THERE FOR THE TAKING !!!'
Well said Clarkee......

And go Mandy.......

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 12/04/2011 22:55  

so thats 3 of us unaffected by the pr girls/guys!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 23:00  

Mandy, you referred to "who does Stacey Moaner think he is" by suggesting that because he's an ex world champion, this gives him the right to be obnoxious.
My reference to the "pay packet", is one of the reasons he stayed with Ducati for so long on a pretty much rubbish bike, and the fact that he had the whole of Ducati, building the bike around him as their No.1 rider. The same thing will happen with Ducati and their development by July with VR & Burgess on board now.
And last but not least, yep he does need a PR guru (as does Danny Pedrosa) if that is a full reflection of the guys character.
Sadly, although it pains me to say it, I think good ol' Stacey will win it this year, unless Lorenzo can keep the pressure on. Lets face it Stacey isn't the best at coping with pressure, either in a race or in the paddock. lol
He will only win it this year though, as Jerry Burgess and Rossi along with the full Italian Ducati backing (focusing on the 2012 1000cc already) will be a hard act to stop next year.

I think that just about sums it up.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 12/04/2011 23:09  

Seems to me rossi has made a hobby out of being big headed on the back of being a 'ex' world champion.
And I don't understand much of the tech side of racing, but from watching the racing I thought that all the teams have at least one rider who was more focused on, No 1 rider, and they had their bikes built around them, thats how they develop the bikes.

And lets face it they are all there for the big pay packet........

I personally don't have a preference for any of the riders, I like them all, apart for Randy, who I like a little bit more and that has nothing to do with his riding skills....

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 12/04/2011 23:32  

sorry "DriftnSlide", but your last post contains so many contradictory statements that i cant even begin to address them xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 23:40  

in fact the only thing i agree with is your taste in road bike - i had a srad too till my knee op

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2011 23:58  

Aww come on... ? I thought there was gonna be a bit of a debate here Mandy, "so many contradictory statements" thats just a cop out. lol

Aye, the SRAD's are still well capable. But K5 track bike for me next.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 13/04/2011 00:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email