MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Normandy

Normandy - Forums [Biker Match] Normandy - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Normandy

Off to Normandy tonight 4am, going for 4 days ave a look around, going with 2 mates from the XJROC, so should be a good one. Base is just off the Normandy beach, will let you know how it goes..

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 30/03/2011 11:42  

Hey I recognise that bridge!! If you get a chance, go to Pointe du Hoc where the commandos used grappling irons to scale the cliffs at the back of Omaha beach. The smashed big gun emplacements have been preserved just as they were left when the allied naval bombardment stopped and the commandos had finished lobbing grenades in......a really awesome and humbling place I'm so envious....La Belle France, je t'aime

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/03/2011 13:36  

Go have a look at Port en Bessin, very pretty fishing village, great restaurants

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 30/03/2011 18:26  

Im hopeing to get around most of it, but I know i wont,, .

Update Reply
highwayman128 @ 30/03/2011 18:53  

Not in 4 days no, but you should be able to ride up all along the coast

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 30/03/2011 20:18  

Ooh and don't forget the paratrooper hanging off the church steeple in Sainte Mere-eglise.....The Longest day is one of my favourite films ever

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 30/03/2011 22:35  

Will Richard Todd still be holding Pegasus bridge?

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 03:29  

You Bet Pondlife!!!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/03/2011 09:10  

Just as long as Millom doesn't start up with the bloody bagpipes!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 11:11  

Hahahahaha....PMSL @ pondlife.......And I always wonder whatever did happen to Mrs Rommel's lovely shoes???

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/03/2011 11:20  

Actually,Mr.Millom has recently died. Takes a special kind of guts to wade into battle armed with nothing but a set of bagpipes,they don't make many like him anymore

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 11:37  

trust a woman to worry about shoes!! I want to know what became of Pluskatt's dog

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 11:45  

I agree with your sentiments about Mr Millom....There are so many stories of courage and bravery, over and over....that's why visiting the beaches is so humbling....They all deserve the utmost respect But I still stand by my interest in Mrs Rommel's shoes....the whole course of WW2 could have been entirely different if he wasn't so keen on nipping home for his conjugals (with sweetener shoes)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/03/2011 12:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email