MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Help wanted from middle earth dwellers

Help wanted from middle earth dwellers - Forums [Biker Match] Help wanted from middle earth dwellers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Help wanted from middle earth dwellers

Hi Hobbitts, will be coming down to middle earth to see Roger Waters on Mon 27 june, gonna make a long weekend out of it and come down sat returning tues, can you hobbitts sort the wheat from the chaff and make useful suggestions for things to see and do, will be having a look at the bike museum at the NEC for one. Will have my 18 year old son in tow as well! cheers folks

Update Reply
YID @ 29/03/2011 19:13  

sammy miller museum just off the M42 i think thats worth a look

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/03/2011 22:18  

Sounds good, cheers!

Update Reply
YID @ 30/03/2011 17:36  

cadbury world??

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 03:22  

Depends what you are into!! Ingenuity - the renamed and re-done Birmingham Science Museum. Used to have a load of transport related exhibits but have not been for a while.

Black Country Museum is in Dudley and can be interesting on a nice day if you are into history.

RAF Cosford Air Museum at, Cosford just outside Wolverhampton.

Seven Valley Steam Railway from either Kidderminster or Bridgnorth.

Update Reply
RobL @ 31/03/2011 07:19  

That fits the bill, I like my historical industrial things, looking for anything along those lines.

Cadbury world shoud be wall to wall with women so that should be worth a look!

Any rock music venues about those parts?

Cheers once again!

Update Reply
YID @ 31/03/2011 10:15  

Roadhouse in Cotteridge is a good nite

Brum city centre has something for everyone lol

Decent pubs down side the canal

Chinese quarter for some grub

and lap dance club for your son lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/03/2011 11:06  

and of course spaghetti junction in case you want to sit and take it easy for a while (or a long while!!)

Update Reply
pondlife @ 31/03/2011 11:39  

Some good suggestions coming through, keep em coming, many thanks.

Forget about Spaghetti junction, been there, seen it, done it and bought the t shirt, think over the years I've done it from all directions and survived!

Update Reply
YID @ 31/03/2011 15:55  

This is a great day out as already suggested. http://www.thinktank.ac/ Also the Planetarium there is good to. I went there late last year and really enjoyed it. If you collect Tesco clubcard tokens you can exchange them for three times their face value for days out tokens which can be used at places like the Thinktank, The Black Country Museum, Iron Bridge Museum. I do this often and if your not already collecting them if you start now you might have enough for when you venture down this way.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 01/04/2011 13:11  

Good to hear that Brum city center has something for everyone, as that is where we're stopping (Wellington st)!

Update Reply
YID @ 02/04/2011 08:22  

Good to hear that Brum city center has something for everyone, as that is where we're stopping (Wellington st)! Hmm, Error message "transport failed to connect to server" Refreshed page and appear to have either had twins or developed a shutter! (Cue one of the ladies to come along and say that I would have felt it if it was twins) hehe.

Update Reply
YID @ 02/04/2011 08:22  

if you go to days out dot com you should be able to get some dicounted tickets too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2011 16:21  

Cheers!

Update Reply
YID @ 02/04/2011 18:31  

Not long now, looking forward to livening up middle earth!

Update Reply
YID @ 22/06/2011 09:34  

coventry transport museum is free (parking isn't) and it's pretty good. Gaydon is further south and a good day as well.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 22/06/2011 11:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email