MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride to the seaside 15th or 22nd May?

Ride to the seaside 15th or 22nd May? - Forums [Biker Match] Ride to the seaside 15th or 22nd May? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride to the seaside 15th or 22nd May?

Well as the weather is getting better I though we could maybe do an 'all points' ride out and meet up at the seaside and kick start the 2011 BM Best Fish n Chip Hunt !

I am suggesting the above dates as April is a pretty busy month for us all with 3 camping weekends booked already. So would like to know .... What people think of the idea and also if anyone has ideas where?

We have the usual suspects of Whitby, Blackpool, Southport, has anyone got an unknown spot where it's a good ride to get there and the fish n chips ... And yes the ice cream too Jackie ... Are well worth the effort?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/03/2011 06:51  

Morecamb !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2011 10:05  

Hello Mr Whippy I do know there are some nice places up there so thats an idea

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/03/2011 10:33  

Llandudno or Porthmadog in North Wales, or maybe Parkgate in Wirral. Riders from the Midlands could always stop off here on the way http://www.snugburys.co.uk/ , not that I've got anyone particular in mind

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/03/2011 11:20  

Out of the three choices you mentioned Shell, I'd choose Southport, I've only been there once before.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/03/2011 11:27  

I am open to new ideas Sandi ... once have peoples preferences will offer a choice ... & if others want to do a run to another area then all is good.

I just miss the rides out we used to do a couple of years ago, for no other reason than finding someplace nice & heading for it to see what good roads we could find to get there & what the fish n chips were like

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/03/2011 11:34  

I am open to new ideas Sandi Oh in that case Shell, how about Southsea? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/03/2011 11:37  

No shadow of a doubt....Arnside chippy is the creme de la creme of chippies.... And I know I can ride that far (lol)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/03/2011 11:37  

We have Skeggy, Cleethorpes, Brid and Scarborough over here but Whitby is probabley the best and I do like the apple pie and custard you get there

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 28/03/2011 12:12  

The chippy in Leyburn gets my vote...... 15 miles east of Hawes

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 28/03/2011 12:28  

BILL!!!! fish & chips AND apple pie & custard.....have you got hollow legs chuck??

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/03/2011 12:29  

Hey D.O.A. we could have a bm jolly for afternoon tea on the terrace at the midland hotel in Morecambe hahaha....they wouldn't know what hit em

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/03/2011 12:30  

I got turned on to Whitby chips last Summer after a BM member enthused about them.
It wasn't Bill either! Whitby chips are the best I've tasted.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 28/03/2011 13:44  

The chippy in Leyburn gets my vote...... Now I've been to Leyburn many a time, yet to find the beach tho Robin Hood's Bay just south of Whitby is good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2011 13:55  

ARe we allowed ice cream for afters lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/03/2011 14:44  

There is a great chippy in looe but it's fair ride for just chips

Update Reply
JP @ 28/03/2011 15:50  

@XKYLBR - D'oh, what am I like . . .blonde moment

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 28/03/2011 17:28  

Porthmadog would get my vote, best beach I've come across by far. Don't care about the fish and chips when the view is that good.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2011 17:52  

ya cant beat whitby great rides round there and plenty of fish and chips to be had it gets my vote

Update Reply
meerkat @ 28/03/2011 21:56  

I like Arnside lovely used to go birdwatching when i was a puppy, we could have a flounder treading comp in river, its stuffed full of flounders, and its a beautiful place good roads, Afternoon Tea & Scones. I will put Map on if it makes Event Page. Other Ideas are Ok but a bit commercial, Come On BM Lets all get back to Nature. Yes me being a gardener I can tell you, I have been fertilizing the planet for over 40 years I have been putting my seed everywhere. I Love Nature and I love Arnside. Arnside I can hear you say where the F*** ( Flip) is Arnside. Well its on Lancashire / Cumbria border near Silverdale / Carnforth Area.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/03/2011 09:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email