MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Dam Toothache

Dam Toothache - Forums [Biker Match] Dam Toothache - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Dam Toothache

Tooth is giving grief.....phoned the dentist earlier, can see me next Friday at the earliest!! Any ideas for relief that works would be fully appreciated!.....

Update Reply
yetanotherdave2 @ 17/03/2011 23:04  

These suggestions were found on the net, may work, may not. I hope you get relief from one of them. Clove oil applied to the tooth relives pain and removes any kind of infection (allegedly) Garlic clove applied to the tooth, relieves pain, (allegedly) - probably too distracted by the stink to feel the pain lol, and gets rid of friends. Alcohol applied to the tooth is supposed to work but if it don't, just keep drinking you'll be too drunk to feel anything. My suggestion, try your local pharmacist, see if he /she has any suggestions.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/03/2011 23:24  

How bad is your toothache?? Your dentist is obliged to see you as an emergency patient, if you can't eat,sleep etc, with the pain!! Phone them again and insist you need to be seen. Alternatively, ring "crown House" in Kiddi ( same building as post office). The Dental access centre is located opposite Marks and Spencers, I haven't got the number at the mo, but if you have no joy, e-mail me and I will get you an appointment. In the meantime... bathe your tooth in cold water, and take two paracetamols and two nurofens together, you won't overdose, as they work independently

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2011 23:28  

You have my sympathy toothache is bloody awful.
Littlechicks right your dentist is supposed to have emergency slots and should fit you in before the weekend, but failing that I'd go with Sandi's suggestion-

*Alcohol applied to the tooth is supposed to work but if it don't, just keep drinking you'll be too drunk to feel anything.

Hope it's better soon

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 17/03/2011 23:34  

COLD water? really? you wouldn't get me putting owt cold on any painful tooth of mine. Re: the emergency appointment that's what I thought, but as it takes 2 hours on the phone with four different medical professionals to finally realise I can't get a doctor to visit me and I have to make me own way to hospital I assumed that dentists didn't do emergency appts either these days.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/03/2011 23:44  

if it's an abcess, nothing will alleviate the pain, apart from cold water and maybe to a certain extent the painkillers. Extreme dental pain is the result of neglect , the offending tooth, needs to be extracted or root treated.. depending on whether you are private or NHS, the cost will be £200 NHS or £800 + privately . Root treatment has no guarantees, your immune system has a lot to contribute to the outcome, down to you Yet.... If you want to save your teeth, I have advised you..... I can do nothing more

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2011 23:57  

I didn't think teeth were pulled until the infection had gone?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2011 00:12  

Sandi, sorry, but you are not well informed. Dental treatment is accessible to all. please pm me if you need to know more!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2011 00:16  

L C nowt wrong with my teeth at the moment, no plaque or pain, receding gums due to age apparently.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2011 00:20  

Teeth are pulled when the infection for the patient is bearable!! infection isn't always a barrier to tooth extraction!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2011 00:22  

In my exprience dentristry peeps try to conserve the peggy....whether the (peep in agony) have private cover or not

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 18/03/2011 00:45  

Well I went to the local dental hospital on Tuesday morning and they extracted my tooth in the afternoon and it was free!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/03/2011 07:14  

I have had a back tooth snap in half, I know I will eventually lose it but I hate dentists so will go when it's painful

It's not just a phobia for me, I had a dentist pull out one of my teeth when I was 13 ... That was when they found out that the local anaesthetic that they used didn't work on me... After I had punched the dentist trying to extract the tooth and him telling me not to be so silly, my pain was all in my mind, he had injected enough in to me to numb an elephant!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/03/2011 07:25  

I'm glad your extraction went OK at the dental hospital, bandit lover but I had a tooth that had split extracted at the Bristol Dental Hospital when I was a student in that part of the world. The trouble was that it was done by a dental student and he managed to drop the filling in the socket. That gave me a lot of pain until it worked its way out through the clot. I've been wary of dental hospitals for emergencies since.

When I have had a swelling from an abscess on a couple of occasions, the dentist gave me a course of antibiotics before attacking the tooth. That also provides pain relief. I hope someone's done something about yours, Dave.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 18/03/2011 07:26  

The trouble with giving antibiotics for a tooth abcess,is that yes they take away the pain and rid you of the infection,but....if you then don't go on to have the tooth extracted,because the pain has disappeared, the infection will return,usually when you are "low",have a cold,stressed ,on your birthday,at christmas,I guarantee at very inconvenient times, also as you have had one course of antibiotics , another course will be less effective and you will be left in pain and having to face a painful extraction. I've seen it a million times!! Also, why leave a tooth until it hurts?? if it's broken,get it seen to before needing antibiotics/extraction etc. You'll only end up in my chair on Christmas Day lol ( I don't do it anymore,couldn't stand the sight of blood!! )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2011 12:23  

Bandit Lover 'Free' that's increadible - my denist is great but they start charging as soon as you walk through the door . Got to do it though because I would hate not have my own teeth .

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 18/03/2011 12:33  

Bio gel and Panadol ... best toothache reliever Ive ever had ... Hope pain gone now

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 18/03/2011 12:43  

Bandit lover was, in all probability being practised on...... you can't really charge for that. Doing an extraction on a little lady with bone that "gives" is a different story to attempting to extract a tooth on a bloke built like a brick outhouse, if they walk in like Rambo, you know you're in for trouble, I have to get my size 10's out and pray!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2011 12:49  

Hi Rockchick, Bio Gel, isnt that for muscular pain, i put that on my neck, you dont brush your teeth with it do you?? mandy xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 18/03/2011 17:48  

lol pink !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2011 17:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email