MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Dam Toothache

Dam Toothache (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Dam Toothache (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Dam Toothache

Yes, I was treated by students LC....They sorted me out though

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/03/2011 17:50  

Rinse with warm salty water, then diluted TCP (but don't go out for about an hour cause you smell like a medical centre) take 2 co-codamol, co-dydramol or paracetamol, have a bottle of wine/vodka or beverage of your choice, top up any of the above as and when needed, repeat constantly until you see the dentist.
I've a wisdom tooth which still hasn't come through and it gives me major grief from time to time, this treatment has been tried and tested by me. Not tested on animals, and no rats or monkeys were harmed in finding the above treatment.

Update Reply
DriftnSlide @ 18/03/2011 20:36  

I wouldn't advise taking pain relief with alcohol for obvious reasons.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2011 21:26  

As soon as my backteeth start to niggle, I start taking Echinacea tincture 4xday. (for a few days...not indefinately) my little body fights itself :>> Doesn't work for ever (got the dreaded gum disease :<<) but my daughter does the same when her wisdom teeth start to plague her. good luck x

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/03/2011 18:11  

Ha Ha Ian, i was joking xx

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 19/03/2011 18:59  

Two days after reading this i broke a tooth!! To make things worse, i phoned my dentist for an appointment, to be told that as I havent been for 14 months, I am no longer registered!!! Ive been with them since they started 13 years ago, now im in pain and need them they wont see me, and I have to go to the nearest 'access centre' whatever that is! Since found out that the partner I was signed on with left the practice last year . . . . I wonder how many more of his old patients are going to find themselves without a dentist?!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2011 09:38  

Hi Slidy the same thing happened to me, i had to phone NHS direct, who found me an emergency dentist then told me which dentists were talikng patients on. It was a little biy quicker than phoning every denyist in the yellow pages - pink x

Update Reply
pinkstorm @ 22/03/2011 09:54  

Thanks pink, I'll give them a ring now. Just annoying that i can see the dentist from my window, its about 50yards away, and I cant use it!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2011 10:10  

Yes Slidy, you will have been deregistered after 14 months. Dental Access Centres are there for people in your position,they are open every day and will get you out of pain,take £20 with you and you will have about £3 change. Slidy,either go to Tenbury Wells .. the centre is based in the hospital( 01584 819886) or Kidderminster,not sure of number, you can find it opposite marks and spencer in crown house, Best of luck p.m me if you like,i'll direct you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2011 10:23  

All this talk of dental procedures is making me feel ill!!! I'm in Denplan so if I ever have an emergency I know I can see a dentist wherever I happen to be. My dentist went private and I wanted to stay there after 18 years or so, so joined up. I know everyone can't afford it, but the benefits are, for my £21.00 per month, a check up for teeth, mouth cancer etc every 6 months and a deep dental hygienist clean every 3 months. So i can preserve the teeth I still have! And i can claim it back through my health plan, so costs very little really

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 22/03/2011 20:53  

£21.00 per month ouch lol. we all do what we have to do !! goodnight all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2011 21:46  

I know! Not everyone can afford it. It is a lot, but works out at less than 1 pack of fags a week and keeps my teeth in my head! And like I said, I can claim it back thru my hospital fund thing which pays for itself in new glasses, and teeth per year and any time I have a hospital stay. Stops me looking like a toothless blind granny too

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 22/03/2011 21:53  

try a pair ov mole grips

Update Reply
picko @ 05/05/2011 00:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email