MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

No Bull Just Beer And Bikes

No Bull Just Beer And Bikes - Forums [Biker Match] No Bull Just Beer And Bikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

No Bull Just Beer And Bikes

This is a great Family Run show In Builth Wells on the 27/28 and 29th May with Great venue, real toilets and showers and fantastic entertainment, Could someone look at the website and maybe put it on the events page?

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 16/03/2011 20:31  

You can add an event yourself if you would like to, just fill in the relevant info, post code, date and a little detail about what's on offer, entertainment and refreshments etc and a website address if you have it, and I'll add it to the calendar for you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2011 20:43  

Thanks Sandi, But it's as much as i can do to post!!!! its bad enough that i have a bike with a CDI unit!!!!!LOL

Can't use a microwave either!!!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 16/03/2011 20:49  

Means as I'm welsh might come along to that one !!

Update Reply
Bat @ 16/03/2011 20:49  

and i'll probably be playing at the fountain in builth with the band at some point!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 16/03/2011 20:54  

its bad enough that i have a bike with a CDI unit!!!!!LOL and sad that I know exactly what a CDI unit is , my old bike should have been called domino, every time a part was replaced another one needed seeing to. PM me the details and I'll add the event for you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/03/2011 20:57  

I wondered what it wad too Sandi ... So had a little look ont tinterweb....

A Capacative Discharge Ignition unit holds the current from the generator, raises its frequency to thousands of volts and then fires it like a shot through the spark plug lead at precicely the right time to keep your motor running. A CDI unit incorperates a solid state logically programmable chip allowing unprecedented control over engine ignition timing throughout the engines entire rev range, as well as limiting the eventual speed of the motor under agreed conditions.
What could be thought of as a programmable electronic distributor.
Previously this job would have been done by a mechanical distributor/capacitor, with centrifugal weights and or a vacuum diaphragm advancing the spark on the power stroke.
A CDI unit promises to allow the motor engineers to time precicely when the spark plug will fire, at any point in the rev range, to provide the maximum power output under all predictable conditions. It also allows for efficient limiting of engine revs at the red line or in top gear.

Still none the wiser !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/03/2011 03:59  

whats wrong with a good old fashioned distributor and set of points? set the dwell angle properly and theres no problem

Update Reply
pondlife @ 17/03/2011 05:20  

Except the unit wears, the dwell angle changes and the points need to be reset again. No, while I'm a luddite with a lot of electronics, but the CDI is better since once set, it stays set.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 17/03/2011 07:06  

So in simple terms ... its an electronic Dizzy cap ? that you dont need to bugger about with spacers to set the points on ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/03/2011 07:59  

Shell, re-read my post again or I could lend ya my specs lol. I know what a CDI unit is, I had to change the one on my bike. Right folks, this event is on the calendar, so get your names down or I'll erase it http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1431

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/03/2011 08:31  

LOL it was 4am Sandi ... I couldnt sleep again

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/03/2011 11:57  

To close to the cornwall camp for me but if I win the loto will see you there

Update Reply
JP @ 17/03/2011 12:04  

SHELL!! OMG The thought of a lady blurting teccie stuff does wonders for the libido!!(if thats how you spell it!!) I,ll expect you to repeat it when i meet you! ( That'll teach her to quote from the net!!! He He!)

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 17/03/2011 12:23  

LOL

Well at least when it was simplified I knew what it was all about ... spent many a Sunday adjusting points on my 1st car lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/03/2011 12:50  

dwell angle, without googleing it, its the number of degrees of cam rotation while the points are closed, amazin the useless info that i have in my head, cant remember wot a did last week but can remember that shite

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2011 20:37  

just got the leaflets for this one from Anne at the farm, Looks like being an even better show this year! I'll bring some to the Pond on sunday!

Update Reply
The Dark One @ 25/03/2011 20:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email