MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

tow a bike

tow a bike - Forums [Biker Match] tow a bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

tow a bike

Has anyone used one of these to tow a bike. Are they any good could there be any problems with wear or stress on the bike, are they stable. I have limited space for a trailer and am looking for options, motorhome to tow a BMW 1100. Failing that it will be a trailer.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 19/02/2011 18:02  

you could always ride it al.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/02/2011 18:24  

never seen one but would think thay would put a lot of stress on wheel forks head set as very narrow wheel base so you would be unable to secure wide spread to stop rocking

Update Reply
JP @ 19/02/2011 18:25  

if you use that al, your gonna get uneven wear rates on your tyres. sort of defeats the object of using a trailer down to cornwall.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/02/2011 18:29  

I looked into buying one or something similar when I spoke to the makers they said that there were stability issues and that they wouldn't sell me one for my then BMW1150 too heavy ?? Twin.x

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 19/02/2011 20:04  

Cheers guys. Did think of one with a wide wheel base for stability, i was thinking of the wear (head set etc) but then reversing would still be a problem as well. I saw it on Ebay (motorbike trailers) from Birmingham Ride it >> tent - motorhome - tent - motorhome >>> motorhome <<< i thinks comfort. Sod it i want a trailer.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 20/02/2011 08:14  

hiya timeout .... thats a trike trailer similar to the ones supplied by uk triker and is not suitable for towing bikes as there is a lot of stress placed on the steering head bearings you would be better off with a bike trailer as both wheels are off the road `no extra miles on the clock` and can be strapped down properly...

Update Reply
nellie @ 22/02/2011 00:04  

Cheers Nellie thought so - so i need a trailer

Update Reply
Timeout @ 22/02/2011 16:24  

Fold-away trailers are available

Update Reply
yamahama @ 22/02/2011 21:39  

Yes John i had a look at the Carol Nash show, but the weight of my bike hanging off the back mmmmmm! i'll have to look into them more. cheers

Update Reply
Timeout @ 23/02/2011 18:05  

Have a look at Phoenix Trailers. They made the one we use and I can tell you it's a seriously good piece of kit, very strong and very well made.

We've towed my CB13 and Roachy's CBR6 with it without any issues whatsoever.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/02/2011 18:29  

Dave Cooper Trailers. Someone makes a trailer that will dismantle and fit in a car boot but can't remember who.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 23/02/2011 20:22  

These are things that can be shared - yes?

Update Reply
Flettie @ 23/02/2011 20:33  

hi time out will you let me now how you get on im looking for a trailer for my pan she a heavy bike you need to chek it not to heavy for you trailer

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 23/02/2011 21:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email