MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

consider

consider - Forums [Biker Match] consider - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

consider

Having just had my life saved by somebody i dont know and never will, it made me think if that person hadnt decided to donate blood i wouldnt be sat typing this.

Having just been in hospital for two days while they gave me an emergency transfusion made me feel damn greatfull,but it doesnt end there, i will be going back soon for major surgery and will still have to rely on somebody elses blood to make sure i stay alive.

Please please consider donating to your local hospital if you can,no drama its simply saving a life xxxxxxxx boody xxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 19/02/2011 16:29  

I hope you'er feeling better Boody, and I agree Boody, we should all give blood and carry an organ donor card.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/02/2011 16:54  

I dont' think I'm allowed to give blood - having been in a malaria country and having had malaria.

Update Reply
gatvol @ 19/02/2011 18:04  

I agree with you boody cos I've benefited myself in the past and my daughter when she was in a horrendous accident...but whenever I've tried there's been a problem and they won't take mine, and there's no way they'll take it now cos I'm permanently on iron tabs. BUT I have registered on-line with the organ donor register....they're welcome to any of my bits and bobs if I peg it, cos they won't be any use to me. I've also talked to my kids as well so they know my wishes

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/02/2011 18:59  

I have an organ donor card but my iron levels are (normally for me) quite low so I can't donate, I wish I could as I'm AB rhesus negative, which is one of the rarer blood groups

They can have all my bits apart from my eyes, don't ask me why, I know it's irrational but there ya go

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 19/02/2011 20:13  

I give blood all the time ...............mostly to my ex

Update Reply
marsey @ 19/02/2011 22:13  

Its something we should all think about doing .. i raise money for the notts air ambulance but without the blood doners it makes there job pointless.. so come on guys get down to the donor centre and get ya tea and bicys .... hope your felling better boody

Update Reply
neil1340hd @ 19/02/2011 22:14  

Your going through the mill for sure boody. My sister had 10 ten hour op and transfusions were required - I felt so guilty because it's the time I thought about the life saving aspect. Ridiculous I know If possible everyone should help - hope you'll be better soon lady!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/02/2011 23:04  

i have given blood before, but i keep having ink done, so it stops you for a year, but for those who can....should !! simples

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 09:08  

Registering for Organ donation can be done online at:-
www.organdonation.nhs.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 18:19  

I am on the bone marrow register, but they are not looking for little old ladies like me!!!, They want people under 40 preferably and even better, big strappin fellas with lots of marrow!!!! .So come on young uns and the ethnic minorities, you could well save someones life and be a perfect match for them, imagine saving a childs life because you have what they need, harvesting marrow is not too traumatic, they take it from your hip, or they used to and the rewards speak for themselves x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 18:27  

I'm exempt from giving blood, I'm on the ODR tho and have been for many years. Link to the ODR topic http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3691

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2011 20:59  

www.anthonynolan.org, very worthwhile. Sandi, am I doing this right???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 21:05  

Yes LC, that's right

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/02/2011 21:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email