MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Casual ride outs - nothing complicated

Casual ride outs - nothing complicated - Forums [Biker Match] Casual ride outs - nothing complicated - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Casual ride outs - nothing complicated

Now just an idea. If you've got a day off and fancy a blast out somewhere why not post it on here and anyone local to you can meet up.

I'm off next Monday and Tuesday and if weather is good I'll get the beast out and have a play. Will prob head off to the dales, devils bridge etc so if anyone is up for it post a reply and we can get something organised.

If the weathers crap then i'll let you know next time and same goes for anyone who wants to post any ride outs they fancy.

Speak soon!!

Update Reply
leetommo @ 17/02/2011 20:44  

sounds like a good idea, i`m off next few days, n been bike less for over a month (enforced, bike in garage refusing to play, stupid cambus wiring, ta ducati) n mobile again, so off to hull, n them alps tomorrow, long shot but folks welcome to join me!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 17/02/2011 20:58  

You mean alps Europe? would love to as was there last year, but not sure the mrs would let me get away with it at such short notice. Enjoy!!

Update Reply
leetommo @ 17/02/2011 21:05  

Im off every Tuesday and weekends, always up for a ride out (weather permitting) with anyone as long as they dont minding riding with me on my 125.

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 17/02/2011 21:17  

Nice idea and i am sure you will get folk joining in :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/02/2011 09:54  

Good idea leetommo. I'm up for it.. but like Kay, I've only got a 125.. but I'm fairly experienced on it..and can keep up ..as long as its downhill with the wind behind me! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/02/2011 10:05  

You and me both Kaz...my Maud doesn't do hills either lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/02/2011 12:18  

yes but dose it cough and fart like kaz

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 18/02/2011 13:42  

sorry ment her bike

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 18/02/2011 13:44  

I think I've got a tow rope somewhere anyhow just encase you can't keep up. How fast do these 125's go anyway, suppose it would be frustrating not being able to put the hammer down but price of fuel these days would be a reason for me to slow down a little.

Update Reply
leetommo @ 18/02/2011 16:03  

Baz!!!!!!!!!!! It's Ziggy!!! not me..honestly ...well most of the time! Sarah.. Zig can get uphill.. but just takes a bit longer than some ....lol Leetommo.. I can get about 60mph out of mine..i think .. the speedo's in kph and the needle thrashes about in the red, so I'm not sure if it's a true reading lol No worries if you wanna thrash your beast and open the throttle, there will be lots of ride outs us L-platers can get on, I did loads last year and the year before. Whitby is always a good ride out.. over the moors and even down Chimney Bank and back up the ridge, great if you like very steep declines and hairpins! I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/02/2011 16:31  

Kaw600 you followed Ziggy down hill as well then > Zig is entertaining is'nt it/he Kaz

Update Reply
Timeout @ 18/02/2011 17:01  

Lmao @ Al...yeh.. he certainly is! That's why he's called Ziggy Ziggy Bang Bang! Just for the record.. does anyone actually know how fast I can go on him?? 'cos I'm stumped if I know leetommo..do you ever go over to Squires? As soon as the evenings are lighter and warmer I hope to be out lots more during the week as well as the weekends.

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/02/2011 17:11  

ZZBB. From about 2 mile up chuck him out of a plane i would say about 200mph, the brakes should be good 200 mph to 0 >>>> instant . Oh and them get another bike , sorry babs just joking

Update Reply
Timeout @ 18/02/2011 17:19  

lmao... i think that's what's happened to him in a former life....hence all the gaffer tape etc ! *Ahem* Al...wash your mouth out! Ziggy is well cool..and he's been a great for me to learn on .. I can honestly say it's never a dull moment when Zigs about! .... well not for me anyway...

Update Reply
Karey @ 18/02/2011 17:26  

im always up for ride out with locals - even them on 125's as to me its not the speed - its the ride - so 40, 50 or 60 mph is fine with me - im on a trike anyway and enjoy the ride alot more at 50 ish

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 18/02/2011 18:38  

Following on from leetommos' casual ride out posting, a wee note to members based in Scotland, for the past few years a number of like-minded motorcyclists and myself have been doing Sunday runs around Scotland, usually about 200 miles and stoping off at one of the ever increasing number of biker friendly establishments for a bite to eat. We tend to use the scenic routes and unclassified roads, so ideal for all sizes of motorcycles, and set off from various locations within the Stirling area, if interested let me know and i will send you details of the coming Sunday's run, which will hopefully be starting soon for the season, snow, ice, rain, monsoons and hurricanes permitting! Cheers! IC

Update Reply
ic1340 @ 18/02/2011 20:01  

yes karey i do get out to squires a lot, only there last weekend. Ride out with a bunch that norm meet there. But can't get out as much as I'd like to on weekends because of shift work.......bit of a pain.

So liking the fact that there's a bit of interest in this idea as I'd like to get out with a few more people this summer even in midweek when my shifts allow it.

To all!!! I'll let you know when I plan to go to squires and you too let everybody else know. Will be good getting to know the faces on here.

Update Reply
leetommo @ 19/02/2011 07:35  

Hi leetommo i get up to squires a bit weather and work permitting now the weather should be getting better ill be up for a meet

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 19/02/2011 11:24  

Yes Kaw600 will hope to see you there at some point then, looks like I'm gonna give this Monday and Tuesday ride out a miss. Wishful thinking about the weather but hopefully will pick up soon. Will let all know next time I'm planning on getting out.
Lee

Update Reply
leetommo @ 20/02/2011 12:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email