MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Can anyone help i'm runing on low ideas

Can anyone help i'm runing on low ideas - Forums [Biker Match] Can anyone help i'm runing on low ideas - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Can anyone help i'm runing on low ideas

Me and my daughter do ghost hunts in our spare time for charity. And on the 12th March we were SUPPOSED to be doing one at the Sunderland Air Museum to raise money for the Newcastle Cat and Dog Shelter. Tonight I got a phone call from their schmuck of a caretaker saying that he's gonna have to put us back as "something has come up", he wouldn't tell me what it was, and this is the 2nd time he's changed our dates. I have heard it said that the Air Museum do change dates on a whim for small or none well established non profit making groups like Violetti Kuu, mine and my daughters group. We have 10 guests coming each are going to be paying £30, and are all well looking forward to it, so my dilema is this, do I cancel the Air Museum and find somewhere else, or do I change the date, hoping that he's not gonna fob us off again. If i'm going to change the venue, I was thinking of where we could go, and this is where I need all your help. We cant go to the Newcastle Keep last I heard it was £300, Darlington Civic Theatre and Museum are too far away and too expensive, all the theatres are still doing shows, and cause its less than a month away, they are proably going to be booked, Keilder Castle is too far away, but is cheap at £100. does anyone know of any haunted location that we could go to, as i'm seriously thinking bout telling the Air Museum where to get off. Would greatly appreciate any ideas. thanks guys and dolls xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2011 23:00  

Dunno what sort of venue you are looking for cheesekake but do you know of the famous Schooner Hotel at Alnmouth? http://www.theschoonerhotel.com/about.html Apparently the Poltergeist Society has twice given the Hotel the title of the "Most Haunted Hotel in Great Britain". When I heard about this I couldn't resist booking a stay, but I have to say there were no rattling chains for me that night :-(

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 15/02/2011 01:37  

that air museum and the schooner hotel have both been on "most haunted",dont remember much about the hotel but the air museum chucked up quite a lot of poltergeist activity.I'd say give the caretaker one more chance then if he buggers you about again,then tell him where to stick it and tell him you'll put a hex on him lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 15/02/2011 03:36  

cheesekake ,,not only should you find the name of the manager but write a letter of complaint at the terrible way youve been "dismissed".

you deff need to take your custom elsewhere,,,

we have a massive ghost thing going on in york,, loads of walks and sights and very reasonable too ,,hell ive took groups and individuals round myself just for the fun of it,,, xx gimme a shout if you want/need anymore info .

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/02/2011 08:40  

I' m really not into this kind of stuff, (and won't hijack the thread) but a mate of mine is and regularly goes to the ruined church and graveyard on Ambles seafront, next to the Lynx caravan site.
I've seen his pictures and they are pretty spectacular if your into orbs and that kind of stuff.....all in all some pretty weird stuff, which I certainly can't explain, but it is amusing.

Shame about the Keep, that was my first thought when reading the OP.
The Toon must have other Haunts ???

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 15/02/2011 14:51  

the paranormal is amazing , its fascinated me for years,ive participated in a few siances and such like, tried scriying,thats great,but with all things occult certain rules have to be followed

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/02/2011 14:57  

Some ideas here 'cake - http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/hotspots/newcastle.php

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 15/02/2011 16:22  

Perhaps if you phone Bill Murray he can get Slimer to turn up to a firestation near you.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 15/02/2011 18:08  

Get some old white bed sheets cut some eye holes in em put them over your kids, then go and look for them. But don't do it in a mainly black area it might be interpreted differently.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/02/2011 21:59  

pmslllllllll

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 15/02/2011 22:00  

Well what I would do prob is not going to help but this is what I would do .

Contact the museum manager and give him 1 chance to stand by the date you booked, as you have people who will be traveling, tell him if it cannot go ahead you will have to announce it publicly due to the short notice he has given you.

If he still will not do it on that day contact your local news papers, I am sure a story on ' 2 women raising money for local cat and dogs home get let down again without reason' along with a photo of you both at the pets home holding little tiddles and fido, would be something they would be very interested in :-)

Not to mention it will get some publicity for the home and maybe some new locations for you, people are good like that and I bet tons of ideas or offers come in!

Ian doesn't call me Rottie for nothing lol ... Good luck hon x

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/02/2011 05:02  

Just had a look at the website for the Schooner and some local news reports on the web.
Apparently some psychic Deborah Proudlock felt there had been a "few" murders in room 16, as she picked up on screaming!.
Perhaps they should rename the room, "The Midsomer suite".
Seems like a good venue for a ghost hunt though.
If you go ghost hunting, what do you do with it, when you catch it?. Can't really cook it over an open fire, like a fish, can you?!

Update Reply
clarkee @ 18/02/2011 21:22  

PML @ Clarkee's comment, ya wally! Good luck cheesekake, hope you raise loadsa money, wherever you have this event

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/02/2011 00:52  

Always makes me laugh when I see Billboards with "Psychic Fair this way" on it.......you'd think they'd know

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 19/02/2011 18:17  

have decided to postpone the event till July, by which time it'll be warmer and I'll have somewhere kicking
pmsl at dyna

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2011 12:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email