MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

not going to events?

not going to events? - Forums [Biker Match] not going to events? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

not going to events?

I've noticed with some amusement peeps posting on events that they aren't going. Is there a point?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:48  

do I need to say that I don't want to comment on this thread?

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/02/2011 18:48  

Sorry yammy, forgot to add that I might not comment because I might be busy

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/02/2011 18:50  

Yes that would be helpful I must admit that I've done it on several occasions usually out of boredom or mischief.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:50  

I cannot speak for others, but for myself its so people know if I am a yes or a no, that way people who are trying to arrange an event know for sure if Ian & I will be there or not, or if we will be able to make it or interested in it but cannot make that weekend etc etc

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 18:53  

I do think that it may be easier to see who is going than having to trawl through all those who aren't. Perhaps some of the events team would like to comment. Would it make their lives easier?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 18:59  

LOL ... someone on events team has commented hon

As I said , it gives an idea when something is being planned WHEN it can be planned for ... if you have 6 can make it but another 14 say, cannot make it but can the week after/ month after etc etc yes it helps with the planning

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 19:09  

Sorry I didn't realise that you were on the events team. Do you find it disheartening with all the negative feed back? eg. Bills post for Willingham Woods

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 19:29  

Not really nope,

Bill has had an idea & knows there is no point in doing it for this weekend but that it will defo be a goer for another weekend, so can plan it.

The disheartening thing ... well for me .. is when you get people who say ... I would love to do this, or that , or go here & then dont give you any feedback at all on the ideas when we try to get something together

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 19:38  

I am with Yammy on this one. Being as it's the year of clean up the boards, how about when a thread is put up for a possible event, and the poster is attempting to establish interest first, we stick to just that i.e. posting if we are interested in going, or if we are aware of perhaps a clash of BM events.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/02/2011 19:53  

Well its each to their own ,

I would like people when I see about interest in an event to let me know if they cannot make that day but would be interested in it if I arranged it for a different day ... ie as it stands at the moment ... the last thing I want is for people to be saying ... well I didnt post that I couldn't make that week but would have for another week ... or god forbid an event gets shelved because it looks like no one is interested in it at all

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/02/2011 19:57  

I said I could not make last weekend after I had posted and said I was going to matlock you and bill had made coments on willingham woods but due to Vs missfortune last weekend I again posted that I would not be able to make the event so you had an idea of numbers and be able to discount me

Update Reply
JP @ 08/02/2011 19:57  

Yama, threads are often de-railed as we all know, but it's all in good fun for the most part. I've discovered whilst trying organise the Blackpool meet that standard members can put themselves down on the events page but not post in the forums, so adds to more confusion , hence the irregularity when comparing both! And to be honest, I'm not worried, if folk turn up, great, if not, no problem. The only thing I would be worried about is if I'd arranged to meet someone enroute and they didn't show and they didn't contact anyone! Oh I've just realised I posted on Maryann's thread about the Paisley meet, saying I wouldn't be there, but it was also to let folk know I'd had a great time when I was up there last time in the hope it might encourage others to go . (that's my excuse anyway )

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 08/02/2011 20:29  

I think you see my point. It's not constructive just to post that you won't be attending and why. It's just blah blah blah and gets in the way. If I don't intend going and don't say, will it be assumed that I will because I haven't said otherwise? Do we need an "I'm not attending this event" button on the events page so that it can be seen who isn't going?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 08/02/2011 22:40  

Good God, whatever next. When an event is listed, we know who's going by who has added themselves to the events page. If they then cannot go, they should take themselves off the events page, it's not rocket science is it? For planning of events though, it is necessary to find out whether people are interested first before it goes up as an event. If you have half a dozen positive responses then it gets added to the calendar. I'm with you Yam, if it's on events already there is no need for anyone to post that they are not going, just look at the events page. Maybe just a reminder by the organisers on the thread to make sure people have added themselves on the event page if they are attending?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/02/2011 23:10  

So I dont need to tell you Im not doing something when I dont wont to or cant do it then ?

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 04:52  

Lol @ JP

But so true, as a member of the events team I would like to know what sort of interest there is in an event before it gets submitted, so need to know if someone cannot make it on the suggested date but would go if a different one was chosen.

As a friend to many on here it's nice to see who can or cannot go, ok the pics on events are good to see the total numbers going, but knowing just which of your friends will make it and discussing options for those who say they cannot for whatever reason means that a solution could be drawn and then that person is able to attend. Ie I cannot go because my tent has a hole in it ... Somone may have spare tent ...

As friends it's nice to discuss things with others

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/02/2011 06:03  

Isn't that what we can use PM's for Shell?

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 06:07  

No need to post in an event thread if you're NOT going to be able to make it, only post if going or if would like to attend on another date. Also, IMHO, it would make it easier to track what's being organised, talked about re: event, if folk didn't chit chat or witter on about other stuff, or the last event they went to etc. Some events are posted months in advance which leads to hundreds of pages of chit chat making it difficult to find relevant info.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/02/2011 06:20  

Totally agree Sandi

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 06:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email