MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

not going to events?

not going to events? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] not going to events? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

not going to events?

I agree sandi, i posted a idea for a meet in matlock this sunday, and folk have diversed into a grantham meet, which is frustrating, and also, i started the illumination idea for a sat/sun good idea i thought, but i did ask to pm me if folk are interested ( and i will again ) so i can get ideas of numbers, as theres no point myself and other members of the events team haggling with hotel owners for the best prices until i know who will definatley come !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 07:25  

I find it useful to test the water for an event first, see what interest there is to start with before going full steam ahead in planning it. I also find it useful to know if there is a particular reason why folk arent interested. And as Shell has already pointed out, it may be a case of good idea but bad timing which allows for rescheduling.

As for haggling for prices, i had to do that months in advance for the xmas party, all part and parcel of taking lead role am afraid :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 09/02/2011 10:23  

y not post the event and then post a chit chat fred to go with it that way u can chat adout the last time u went
if u have never been
if u thinking of going but not sore cose u havent been there befor
sorry adout the speling mod are welcome to put it rite
thanks

Update Reply
kaycat @ 09/02/2011 10:34  

I dont think i'll post on this thread Oops

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 19:48  

Well Sandi only problem is we get so much info out of chit chat when we read the event thread regarding what folk would like to do at that or other event's So here is a tip read what thay are saying about events, ask what thay would like to do, then you get good turn out. As for the matlock thread going to another place if you had read it a member asked if we could go to some other place as he and others had just been there I posted we would look at it and bill started a new thread there was not much interest so he put it on hold to a later date

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 20:04  

I think everyone is missing the point here.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 20:12  

not missing the point BL just answered the comments

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 20:24  

Ok, this is my take on posting a possible event. The organisor posts the thread for the purpose of getting a feeling for if people are interested. People post on the thread to say either; Yes, I am interested Are you aware that this clashes with another BM event. The event organisor then collects the data and decides whether the proposed event is worth going through with or not. If it is, then they put it on the events board and notify everyone via the thread that it is one the events board. What we don't really need is people telling us their own personal plans for that particular date that prevents them from attending. That's their personal information and doesn't really need to be shared with the entire site as it just clutters up the the thread. Just my opinion.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 20:39  

Perhaps people post that they're not going to an event in the hope they get a bit of achtung. Like this: Event - Hook-a-duck free for all @ The Diana Memorial Fountain Achtung Seeker - 'I can't make it' Achtung Giver - 'Oh no, it won't be the same without you Seeker' The end By the way I'm not going either, my goldfish bowl is still full from last year.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 09/02/2011 20:39  

wish I had said that...what ever it was

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 20:43  

if your going put your name down if your not , dont comment , simples

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2011 20:46  

Exactly

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 20:50  

yes but how do we know you have been on the site or just missed the thread ? I do agree we dont need to know your life story but can help if we know you cant go

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 20:57  

JP, that is what I am saying. A simple yes or conflict of BM events is enough. The organisor doesn't need to know publically that you can't make that date/event because of other personal arrangements. That can be done via PM if necessary.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 21:01  

Just becus your a female dont think you can be right all the time so just this one time I will let you win

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 21:08  

Thanks JP...

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 09/02/2011 21:14  

PML @ JP

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/02/2011 21:18  

Well I guess when I am getting a feel for if an event is a goer or not I will have to start saying ...

I would also like to hear from people who would like to attend but cannot on the propposed day as to when would be good.

As IMO when testing the water there is more to be taken into consideration than just those who can go and if it clashes with another event!

And if people want to write war n peace as to why they can or cannot do something ... That's up to them, who is anyone to say that they are wrong to do this? It's a way in 1 go to let the masses know what is happening, PM's are not always practical or IMO needed. ok so you may not be interested (just as they may not be interested In what you post) but it would be a quiet notice board if the only things posted were what EVERYONE was interested in reading

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/02/2011 20:39  

i have to say that i like to see everyone's comments about an event, whether they are taking extra socks, cant make it due to hole in tent, or whatever.. i find it very sociable and nice that people can share any thoughts or reasons they may not go and hence like Shell says that is a chance for anyone to help them out etc... other wise with a simple yes or no and nothing else it all seems very clinical and unfriendly to me .... my opinion over and out

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2011 21:07  

I agree with you Suz, I love the waffle, that's what makes it a friendly site. But it does grate when people just post to say they can't make an event. Imagine if all 30k+ members did it

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 13/02/2011 21:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email