MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Thyn Lizzy in Whitley Bay - Saturday 7th May

Thyn Lizzy in Whitley Bay - Saturday 7th May - Forums [Biker Match] Thyn Lizzy in Whitley Bay - Saturday 7th May - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Thyn Lizzy in Whitley Bay - Saturday 7th May

This will be hopefully one of many events to be organised in the North East/west of England. Hopefully we can attract our Scottish friends as well . ....and HOPEFULLY by May the weather will be lovely and sunny. Ever the optimist We have a fair ways to catch up with out Midlands Brothers and sisters, but there are enough folks registered to make these events pretty special. This is a Biker establishment thats been around for a long time and makes welcome ALL the different genres of the Biking world. http://www.theavalon.co.uk/motorcycles.asp The pub is a joy to be in with great Beers etc... and constantly being surrounded by MC memrobelia http://www.theavalon.co.uk/bar.asp There is great parking facilities which is secure and covered by CCTV as well. - Located in the heart of Whitley bay, there is alot to do, or as little as you want, with great beaches and views. - Anyone wanting to stay over can get a room for for competitive rates as well. There is a chance that we may get discounts depending on how many plan to stay over. - Over the last few weeks I have been in contact with Mick who runs the Trojan rooms (venue) http://www.thetrojanrooms.co.uk/Default.aspx and he is pretty keen to have us and be involved with BM. The Band - http://www.thynlizzy.co.uk/ . - Based in the North-East of England, THYN LIZZY are one of the finest Thin Lizzy tribute bands in the UK. The band was formed in 2008 by singer Lee Rippon who has been performing the songs of Philip Lynott since 1997. Matching the outstanding lead guitars of Rich and Al to the rock-solid driving rhythm from Glenn and Craig, THYN LIZZY capture the essence of the original band with flair and perfection, making every show a performance to remember. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If anyone wants any further info, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/02/2011 11:02  

Oops forgot the price.......

Thyn Lizzy
Saturday 7th May 2011
Doors: 7:30pm Tickets: £5

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 06/02/2011 12:24  

Sounds good love Whitby, will keep an eye on thread!!!B

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/02/2011 17:08  

Beepa, it's in Whitley Bay not Whitby!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 06/02/2011 17:12  

OH messed that up!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/02/2011 20:50  

Oo, lovin' the look of The Avalon. Never heard of it before so gotta be worth a ride out.

Update Reply
Suzi5551 @ 07/02/2011 22:06  

It's on the calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1355

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/02/2011 23:02  

Bump...... only one on the events calender?? Surley not?? C'mon NE... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1355

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 20/02/2011 10:51  

I'll come if they open up "spanish city" Many happy memories of that place as a child!!. I could stay wiv me Auntie in Wallsend!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 11:03  

Your in luck then - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-11071389

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 20/02/2011 11:19  

Oh Dyna, now your talking, Whitley Bay is a wonderful, but neglected seaside town, the guesthouses must be ecstatic that Spanish City is to be restored, I'm gonna have to visit again. Stayed there last year and could only peer through the bars at what remained of the City. Me Mum and Aunty used to joke about finding the "netty on the Jetty!!! lol, But that may have been tynemouth, I'm not sure, I was only a bairn!!. Sorry to get off the subject of your event

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/02/2011 11:34  

Alot of the 'Bay is now restored. Especially the town centre. Lots of shops and nice little restaurants and coffee shops to visit.
Not sure your into this kind of thing, but Delaval Hall is now restored as well, which is worth a visit.

What my be a cool thing to do is to stay a night at the Avalon (Or yer Aunties) and then get over to the Heart N Soul when it comes around.

I complained to H.O.G last year about the bands, which weren't very good (IMO - hard audience me) and have heard that this years are a big improvement.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 20/02/2011 11:43  

babs i love whitby too but whitley bay is good will look at this one

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 20/02/2011 13:55  

I saw the real Thin Lizzy in my younger days at Reading Rock, I kept falling asleep stood up (they headlined Sunday night and I'd been partying hard all weekend), but a kind american giant kept catching me and standing me back up as my sleeping torso collapsed lol. I've seen bands cover tracks but never seen a dedicated cover band. So although it's a bit of a trek, I'll do the trek. I guess there'll be a bit of floor or a camp site handy for a stayover. If there's any other takers I can come up in the car, so will have space for 4 additions on the way up the length of the NE zone. If anyone want's to thumb a lift up you're welcome.

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/02/2011 14:04  

PM'd you re; camping / floor space.

If there are enough going to this, there is a good chance we can get discounted rates for a stayover.
Come on NE BM'ers , don't be shy

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 20/02/2011 15:11  

Blimey DT, I've been a lifelong fan of thin lizzy and would love to fit this one in, I'll need to do a few more home jobs though. If I can gather the pennies, I'll be there. Never been to whitley bay (cant remember anyway) It's an age thing tha knows, comes with bus passes and weak bladders. Hope this band can reach all the notes.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 20/02/2011 19:28  

Dyna, I may make this one as well - would follow Jack so don't get lost lol

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/02/2011 23:19  

Was up in Whitley Bay last summer on the bikes - loved it.

Thought to myself combine great ride out with fav music - checked diary and playing gig with....Black Rose.... North West Thin Lizzy tribute band .....oh pooh - would have liked to have gone on this one.

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 22/02/2011 09:35  

Ah well seeing as you've given the HOG lot the word on the street about the lousy bands Dyna I might go again.Bring back Dale and the Just Harleys mob ! Gangsters of Ska ! lordy !!

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 22/02/2011 20:54  

would love to go as luurve the band, would there be (again) any floor / camping space avail as a fair way to go ..... for two or three peeps ........... cheers DT.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 22/02/2011 22:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email