MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

July/Aug touring Northern Spain + Portugal

July/Aug touring Northern Spain + Portugal - Forums [Biker Match] July/Aug touring Northern Spain + Portugal - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

July/Aug touring Northern Spain + Portugal

I've booked the ferry Portsmouth to Santander once again this year, Going on the Triumph and camping for almost a month (19th July - 15th Aug) Armed myself with The Rough Guide map of N. Spain and the Michelin map of Spain and Portugal also The Rough Guide to Portugal. The Footprint's Northern Spain Handbook, as well as Alan Rogers, Best Campsites in Spain and Portugal - A must have if you're camping and don't want to book sites in advance. As if that ain't enough literature I think I want to get the Rough Guide to Spain also! I was tempted to get a satnav but decided it would lose some of the fun element out of the tour. I'm travelling with a couple on their honeymoon and we're meeting up with a few other friends in Portugal. Any advice on what books I have missed out on or specific places that have to be seen would be appreciated

Update Reply
Rattay @ 29/01/2011 15:09  

May be a little out of your way Rattay, but I'd have a look at the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Spain as they have some pretty spectacular ones.

In particular (from my fairly limited experience), I'd have a look at the towns of Avila and Merida and the old aquaduct at Caceras is pretty impressive as well.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 29/01/2011 20:30  

Thanks for that Geoff. I will keep them in mind. I have a loose plan of doing parts of Asturias, Galicia, Castilla y Leon, La Rioja and Aragon in N. Spain. Just Porto and the North in Portugal. Im on the cider trail in NW Spain and of course red wine in Rioja. May have some time for sightseeing as well!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 30/01/2011 10:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email