MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What style of bike do you ride and why ?

What style of bike do you ride and why ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What style of bike do you ride and why ? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What style of bike do you ride and why ?

Had my zx9 for 5 years and no plans to change it, have added helibars to raise the handlebars, makes a big difference. Although I'm old I still love the speed and acceleration it has, had a zxr750 before it and a gps 500 before that, and I mustn't forget my wives xvs125, only does about 65 max but I use it for my commute in the summer and it's so different to the 9 that it's actually a good laugh to ride with throttle fully open from start to end of a run.
If I had to change for anything different I would go for either an fjr1300 or a Beemer 1200 gs.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 18/01/2011 20:47  

As soon as i read the first road tests on the Raptor i had to have one. I was on my 2nd ZX6 at the time and it never felt quite right, (couldn't suss out why 'cos i loved the first one, but it got nicked). My V-rap was my "leaving the wife" pressie to myself. Good swap! I love the grunt of the TL1000 motor, low seat height and wide bars make her well chuckaboutable, and over the years she's surprised many a sportbike rider on the road and track. I've had her 9 years now, there are plenty of other bikes i'd like, but only as well as, not instead of.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 18/01/2011 21:17  

been twins for me since late 70`s, for my sins. last 9 have been ducati`s (o the house i could have had morgage free instead ha ha ha nervous laugh dwindles) onto a multistrada 1100 at mo, tried the 1200, but £5k too much, and too many electronics, (tho have tet ride booked on the diavel so watch this space) do like the ridding position of these "adventure" bikes, for my knees and old bones, but always used my bikes for trips, and need comfortable 800 mile days ocasional 1200 ones, reasonable fuel range, ability to make progress, and a little play, mainly they just sound nice.

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 18/01/2011 22:10  

Only a Suzuki 125 but I can dream!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 22:38  

But what bike do you dream of Zelah?? Congrats on getting work BTW..

Update Reply
old red @ 18/01/2011 23:03  

Not a great deal of choice when your leggies are as short as mine...but I love my suzuki vl125

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 19/01/2011 00:14  

Old red,anything as long as its bigger than a 125

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/01/2011 10:16  

BUMP

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/01/2011 10:53  

I enjoy the feeling of being in charge of my own destiny,When I,m on mi bike the rest of the world ceases to exist.Biking to me has always been a type of escape and a power trip wound up in one.and my gsr 600 certainly gives me that!
I've never been into the poetry of the road thing,but I can see where people who are, are coming from.I often hear people putting the ideal down,but I do strongly identify with the bikes I ride.
This dos'nt mean I have any problems with the riders of any style of bike,But I sure have my own preference in styles.
Bikes to me have always represented an alternative way of doing things that has nothing to do with being some kind of rebel,I mean it dosnt matter what we ride, we have style.Some thing a bit lacking in every day life.don't you think.
OK dribble of the day over.
BB

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 28/01/2011 11:49  

I'll ride absolutely anything at all, been riding on the road 31 years in all weathers & over that time i've owned every type of bike, all have thier good & bad points I will admit to struggling with newer sports bikes now due to old injury's but they are still good for the occasional full on blast, i now tend to go for sports tourers & rat bikes as i'm still banging out lots of miles every year I just bought a bandit 12 SK1 which will eat up the miles easily & am still building proper streetfighters & chops or trikes as the mood takes me As i said a mix anything & everything scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2011 09:52  

I prefer the street fighters, so much fun to ride, but a big so called adventure bike is great for long distance

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 29/01/2011 15:06  

had most types over the years cruisers trailies now im on a ducati
its not made with salad dodgers or old peple in mind but by god its
bootiful

Update Reply
rico @ 29/01/2011 20:31  

I suppose like most "old time" bikers with 30 odd years riding under my belt,I've had and loved most types of bike.I think my favourite in my younger days was a yammy rd250 lc,a vicious power band that could catch you out if you weren't prepared for it but a lovely bike. Now I'm fast approaching 50,I ride a Rocket111.It will sit on the notorway at 80 or 90 with no problem at all and will do 0-60 in around 3 seconds if needed but the best thing is,I could ride from one end of the country to the other and only really need to stop for a fag or of course petrol,it's that comfortable

Update Reply
pondlife @ 30/01/2011 09:33  

I've had loads of bikes over the years, been quite a few years as well,But the bike i have now is great it's a Yamaha Fazer thou, OK I've modded it a bit but it will do any thing, I've rode it to Spain, toured most of Britain on it, i can even scratch with some of the racer type boy's at the weekends cant think of anything else i would need for riding on the roads,(bike wise )

Update Reply
ayjay @ 30/01/2011 11:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email