MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What style of bike do you ride and why ?

What style of bike do you ride and why ? - Forums [Biker Match] What style of bike do you ride and why ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What style of bike do you ride and why ?

I have had a few bikes in my time ranging from, C50LAC chicken chaser, Blackbird, Gsxr600 & 750, but now i have a VZ1600, different rear end , side mount number plate, skull rear light, jardine pipes, and its just how i wanted it to look....i ride it and own it, as i love cruising, not going ballistic, and the grin factor is worth all the hard work, it cracks pops throws the odd flames out now and again, it gets looked at wherever i park it...plus i can scare innocent by standers riding through villages ( wasnt me really officer ) however thats me.....what about you ???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 20:03  

newbir to bikes tbh ...so tbh i luurvemy sports bike .. lean on handle bars ..etc ..... when old ag creeps in then prob doiff attitude lol !!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 17/01/2011 20:26  

like me....lol....i had a gsxr 750 k7 last year in black, it was awesome, but ......i was ready to get off it and stay off it after a hour, aching wrists, neck, back, prob due to my build....but you wont get me off mine now...and it pulls like a steam train too !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 20:28  

Triumph speed triple 1050. Bought it cos it was wrote off so it was cheap and its an on going project and as soon as i can get a job that lasts for more than a month im hopeing to go down the turbo road with it so that should be good for a laugh. And if i can find a Triumph scrambler cheap i will have one of those for rallies n stuff.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 20:50  

Dunno really, 30 years ago i had all sorts of different bikes, but really wanted a Rickman or a Harris race rep and couldn't afford one, or have the time or anywhere to build it, and the first ever factory replica i rode was a mates Yammy FZR1000 and it just made my CBX-6 feel like a wheel barrow, So todays race rep's are like manner from heaven for me, the handling is for the most part one of the biggest draws, and i like hiding behind a fairing not being stuck out in all the wind,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 20:52  

cruiser for me - get ma belly over the tank to reach the bars easy!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 21:22  

I ride your bikes tiny little baby sister Ian, the GZ 125. I love it to bits. No power top end but love the style and it puts a huge grin on my face everytime I ride it lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2011 21:45  

got to be my yamaha sr250 ok she is 30 years old gives me some trouble now and then but have done all the work on her myself and love being out and about on her

Update Reply
yamahaman65 @ 17/01/2011 22:16  

cruisers ,harleys and trikes for me, character before speed every time.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 17/01/2011 22:26  

oH and forgot to mention it is one of the ones I can get my short legs on the floor wiv (apart from a very nice Ducati I have spied lol )..

Update Reply
kazninja @ 18/01/2011 17:03  

I like the look of sports bikes, but after breaking my back a good few years back, I compromise with the sports tourers. Might have to change that as I get older, but for now I'm more than happy with the ZZR14

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 18/01/2011 17:09  

I have a cruiser, speed was never an issue with me, I like long comfy rides, and being able to walk normaly after a 400 mile day

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 18/01/2011 18:28  

Had a variety of different styles, always loved speed, and still do. Although now I ride quickly, without being 'quick' - if you know what I mean.
Own a Dyna now which has been modded in a number of different ways. Through the gears its as quick as most standard race-type bikes, which does me. Dont know what its top end is, but 80-90 on M'ways is enough for me.
Done with ZXs etc...

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 18/01/2011 19:14  

Have had sports bike your a while now and love them,love the speed and how easy they are to ride,i dont find them uncomfy either.Roll on the nice weather..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 19:32  

Iv'e been riding 34 odd years but I am past the head down arse up stage so my Bmw R1200 Gs is the one for me Great luggage capacity great two up plus 220 miles on a tank full so you only need to stop for fuel or a comfort break Twin

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 18/01/2011 19:41  

The reason I bought my Street Triple, apart from the rave reviews, is because: it's one of the few decent things this shithole country still manufactures, the twin headlights are iconic and the under seat exhausts look f**king cool, it handles like a dream, not many were sold in 'scorched yellow' and attracts admirers whenever she stops for a rest. Although, if she gets another sodding puncture she'll be traded in for a new Tiger or a penny farthing.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 18/01/2011 19:50  

ZX7R now on my 2nd one - couldnt get on with the other hated it and went back to a 9R had a few different sports bikes used to have a couple of old Z1000's loved em but the clutch was so heavy knackered my elbows. Ridden a few cruisers but not my thing at all. wouldnt swap my baby now - not hard on the wrists if you ride correctly and keep your weight on your legs...well i say i wouldnt swap - might swap for ex's 748r what a lovely bike that is to ride....

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 18/01/2011 20:04  

Hi all has to be a streetfighter best of both worlds handling/speed/comfort

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/01/2011 20:11  

@ kwakgirl a 748 would involve a name change having said that I was tempted to become "multi strada" only thing that stopped me was 5 grand lol Twin

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 18/01/2011 20:14  

i think like me, alot of people ride what they can afford , and whats available when buying a bike, not what you would like, lol. i want a street triple 675 or speed triple 1050, but i ride a bandit 600, got a faired bandit, but before that ,always said i only wanted a naked bike, so things arnt always what you want and plan. i like all bikes, but few preferences if i could afford them :(. how many other people are in this boat ? many i would think

Update Reply
carrie203 @ 18/01/2011 20:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email