MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back?

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back? - Forums [Biker Match] Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Death Penalty~ Should it be brought back?

...As title says.....

My view on this is, learn from our past mistakes. Meaning, in the past we have hung (and other ways) prisoners who were later totally exonerated from all guilt.
So my feeling is, if someone is WITHOUT doubt guilty of a class A crime, like Murder, then they should be put to death.
But, crimes of passion, eg: Wife kills wife beater should not fall into the above category......see the grey area?

Discuss............

Some of the pics on here are worthy of the DP

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 11/01/2011 18:12  

problem is.....who gets to decide!

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 11/01/2011 18:20  

Crucifiction. It's a doddle.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 11/01/2011 18:26  

Crucifixion. That's a doddle as well.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 11/01/2011 18:28  

que on the right, one cross each

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 11/01/2011 18:30  

No don't see the grey area Dyna', taking a human-life whatever the reason/justification is murder and state sanctioned "execution" in my- mind is the same.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 11/01/2011 18:40  

A life for a life.

Update Reply
Smarty_UK @ 11/01/2011 18:47  

Where do i apply for the job ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2011 18:54  

In your name that's up-to you CBR, but not in mine.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 11/01/2011 18:54  

this is a subject that will bring every nutter and his mother out of the woodwork!! Agree with LtGTR it is state sanctioned murder....there is no evidence to suggest its a deterent....so its really a revenge killing. I cant see how it helps the victims family and it creates more victims. Add to that the issue of miscarriages of justice and if you want to know how many there have been since the death penalty was abolished it runs into hundreds! there are very few murders Dyna without mitigating circumstances of some sort. And the list of people who were convicted with so called nailed on convictions that have been overturned since.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/01/2011 18:57  

You will find that everyones view is different depending on personal life experience's I believe only when it happens to you can you decide which way you want to go. An eye for an eye or forgive and forget! If you did get the job SB you would never be made redundant.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2011 19:02  

Child molesters. Sarah Payne killed by Roy Whiting. NO mitigating circumstances whatsoever. Hang draw and quarter the bastard instead of spending X number of thousands of pounds per week to keep him. If this makes me a nutter in the woodwork, I’m sure there are millions to keep me company.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 11/01/2011 19:08  

oh quick lets a get a lynch mob together for all the paedos........instead of making a rational decision about one law for everyone.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/01/2011 19:16  

Not saying all paedo's KG ... Ones that kill their victims, Yes. What would your reason be for not having Capital punishment in this case in particular ? I'm genuinely interested.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 11/01/2011 19:26  

@ Tony i gave you my reasons in my first post - but now youre talking individual cases. I cant make a case for that you know i cant, but laws arent about individual cases and if you make an exception for one or even one group how long before it starts to be extended to other people....like the kid high on drugs who beats an old dear to death for 20 quid.....or the thug who beats his girlfriends baby to death coz he wanted to teach her a lesson. However if you want ONE REASON against it go look at the case of Stefan Kiszko.....and i have personal experience of that as i worked for the MP for Rochdale at the time of his release. He was locked up for murdering a wee girl and was allegedly a paedo....16 yrs in prison - would have been executed, by ur standard, as it was a "nailed on" conviction! except he didnt do it.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/01/2011 19:34  

Kawagirl Everone is entitled to their own opinion, making assumptions about lynch mobs & such like will only serve to annoy people & confuse the issue, the original point of the thread was to ask wether people here would agree with the death penalty being bought back for some crimes ! Obviously opinions will go either one way or the other but assuming this thread is taken in the proper context eg the law has been used to its full & proper extent & there is no doubt as to guilt then i & many others will agree that the death penalty for certain crimes is justified I have taken into account your comments about wrongful convictions & admit that the judical system along with the policing of it would need to be sorted out first but assuming all that i think i have made a rational decision & based my opinion on that Ta scoobs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2011 19:35  

sorry but its never ever justified in a civilised society. and im not gonna say anything else as this subject as thats MY opinion. No problem with anyone differing from it....tear away!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/01/2011 19:37  

Kwakgirl, until you have suffered the distress and devastation of seeing someone close to you murdered and then watching the sneering culprit in the dock handed down a "life" sentence which really means they could be out again in 12-15 years....you can't begin to understand how some people feel about capital punishment. Must say your views are typical Guardian reader though, if you want to start the stereotyping people game.

Update Reply
Smarty_UK @ 11/01/2011 19:42  

You'll never sort the judicial system out Scoob' and even as it is "beyond reasonable doubt" there're still "mistakes", quite often brought about by police "evidence". How rational is that decision/opinion of yours I wonder? The basic principal at stake/in question here is should we allow state MURDER, however we dress it up.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 11/01/2011 19:42  

Well as far as the paedo thing goes, I would have absolutely no compunction about killing anyone who interfered with my kids and don't understand the distinction between a paedo killing their victim or the victim having to live with the memory of the attack(s) for the rest of their life

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2011 19:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email