MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

can you tell me...?

can you tell me...? - Forums [Biker Match] can you tell me...? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

can you tell me...?

In which childrens television programme would you find.. "bessie the bunny,,,,rupert the rat....and kooky the kitten??? ( I know this isn't bikey,I do apologise, but I need a distraction) does anyone else have programmes they half remember from years ago??? Maybe we can help to name them, share our memories??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 13:01  

ive been playing the theme to fireball xl5 for the last few days,,on youtube ,, we were even singing it on the way home last night...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 13:12  

I used to think I was Venus and Steve was my fella. Remember that clear plastic robot??and that space creature?? Zoony wasn't it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 13:17  

That'll be Mr Piper, Littlechick. Mr Piper was a Canadian children's TV series made in 1963. The series was created by Martin Andrews and Allan Wargon, who was also the producer. The show's host was a large Canadian opera tenor alan Crofoot dressed as a pied piper with a flower in his hat. He would introduce four segments in each half hour programme: Teletune - as a narrator of a fantasy stories illustrated with graphics; <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Port of Call - presenter of films about children and events in other lands; <o:p></o:p> Bag of Tricks - Crofoot performs magic tricks; Animal Farm - many farmyard characters telling the story of the day in miniature barnyard sets, featuring Rupert the Rat, Bessie the Bunny, Kookie the Kitten, Harriet Hen, Freddie Frog, Calvin (Rac)Coon and Charlotte Cow. <o:p></o:p> Thirty-nine episodes were produced. Dont remember it myself .. .. Simply Googled 'Bessie the Bunny' lol

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 09/01/2011 13:18  

Awww, thanks GT i'd like to say I don't remember it, but I do!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 13:26  

yes ,,zoony was the little creature...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 13:33  

My best friend had a crush on captain scarlet...weird eh

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/01/2011 13:39  

Gawd...I love nostalgia threads....

Mr. Benn
Mungo, Mary and Midge
Wurzel Gummidge
Fingermouse
The Clangers
Magic Roundabout
Trumpton, Camberwick Green and Chigley
Space 1999
Hector's House
Rent-a-Ghost
Vision On
Swap shop
Battle of the Planets
Blue Peter

Geez...I could go on and on if my memory would work right

For anyone that's interested in nostalgic tv, I came across a website years ago. Lists all sorts of stuff with video clips too...

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 09/01/2011 13:51  

ooo thanks I must have a look!!! My very earliest memory is of "space patrol" no doubt one of Gerry Anderson's I would surmise I had a crush on all the male good looking puppets!!! lol how sad am I ?. Marina was sooo cool I thought, although I would have punched Atlanta's lights out the way she used to fawn all over Troy, mind you he was such a flirt, trying to keep two women sweet

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 14:00  

you can find lots on youtube, L C

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2011 14:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email